Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tax Disc Advice Needed

JB0

My current tax disc expires on end of September. I did not receive my tax renewal form. I called the automated service to renew my tax disc. However, when I entered my details, it said the car is unlicenced since April. Now, I bought the car from previous owner towards the end of April. It also tellww m this is n offence. Also, It tells me if I want to renew tax disc it will start from 1st September, but expires end of September. Can someone please advise as I'm getting worried and don't know if I should proceed to pay for renewal.

What is you current tax disc like. Are the details correct?

Could the current tax disc be a colour copy, rather than an original?

Could the previous owner have claimed a refund on the tax after selling the car to you?

If they have had a refund, I presume DVLA will want some of the missing tax period covered - hence the renewal only lasting one month. Try doing an online check yourself to see what information DVLA has - https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax

I finally managed to get through to someone useful in DVLA. He advised me that because the previous owner declared it off road just before I bought it, but he said the process didn't fully go through as he was meant to send tax disc back. He advised me to let the disc expire and then renew it from 1st of October.

Does that mean that on the system it's still listed as valid?

If not, what are the chances of an ANPR-equipped police car flagging it...? :unsure:

I have Been behind police many times and not been stopped, so I'm guessing it's ok

Those Police ... saucy devils.......... Ooooh Mrs