Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 Touch & Go Maps

The Rav is just over 18 months old and when I purchased the Rav the maps were a year old at that point so the maps are 2.5 years old.

I connected up the touch & go toolbox but the map shown as available is dated Q4 2012 and they still want £109. does anyone know the release cycle for these maps - I am forced to presume that they are only updated once a year from what I see in the toolbox, does anyone know if it is listed anywhere when Toyota release an update as I figured I would wait until an updated map came out.

Any thoughts?

Gus

Well as no seemed to know, went into Mr T today and asked the question - They believe there is one major update a year which is released in November at a cost of £109, they recommend getting the update in Jan just to be certain, this will bring the T & G to the latest version even if you have missed any updates.

Gus

I make it a matter of principle never to update the sat nav. I did so once, on my LC, at a cost of something like £130 and then ended up flogging the car a month later.

Dumb, dumber & dumbest!!

Possibly more relevant for Euro travel, where new roads are still being built, as opposed to UK roads which are not exactly changing much year on year. Cannae even fix the potholes let alone build new sources of them.

Do you not get three years free upgrades on your T&G units?

Mine appears to and I upgraded the maps earlier in the year, but I believe it's T&Gplus not T&G, which I think is the highest spec they fit to the RAV for some bizzare reason.

I think T & G Plus adds voice control (don't tell Kev) plus the 3 years of map updates, that wasn't an option when I purchased the Rav, I had the options of Touch or Touch & Go. Ironically the T & G maps which came with the Rav when I purchased it where 360 days old at the delivery time and poor, the later maps are a lot better allegedly :)

Gus

Haven't been made aware of this facility, but will be really pleased if you can buy a knee bay one and get updates, and us new folks get nowt. Totally forgot to ask RRG at time of purchase.

I only checked this out with my dealer last week - Touch & Go Plus get three free updates but basic Touch & Go has to pay - as said about £106/109

I would not update until the 2013 update is available, if it does come out in the next few months, I have found some speed limits are wrong on the existing version with my Invincible bought March this year and perhaps missing speed cameras - I certainly missed one a few weeks ago and it has cost me !!

I will be updating as soon as I know the 2013 version is available

Guy

Guyster.....just you keep amassing them points until ye get 12, mate.....I will look after yer Rav for a year......no charge.

Hi Kev

It is costing me to go on the Speed awareness Course about £90 better than three points on my clean licence !! So that will keep my Invincible away from your whisky soaked hands

Very best wishes do hope I see you sometime down here

Guy

I have a brand new T180 tyre and wheel for sale if you ever come accross any one interested

• Like 1

I think T & G Plus adds voice control (don't tell Kev) plus the 3 years of map updates, that wasn't an option when I purchased the Rav, I had the options of Touch or Touch & Go. Ironically the T & G maps which came with the Rav when I purchased it where 360 days old at the delivery time and poor, the later maps are a lot better allegedly :)

Gus

Hi Gus, when you say "voice control", is that for all functions? Mine lets me control text read-outs from my phone when it's connected via BT and then will read them out (or not, if I tell it not to).

On a seperate point, much as I find the T&G very clever, it does have draw-backs: like this morning when I dropped my wife off at the shopping centre and then couldn't start the car because I didn't have the e-fob. I hadn't picked mine up when we left home but she had hers in her handbag so the car started OK as long as she was in it. However once we went our different ways, I was stranded!

It's the second time I've done this and ended up on a (wo)man hunt to find OH and borrow "her" key so I could get home.

Still due to head for them hills and show Anchorchap how to squirt his stuff all over underside of Funnerburd Too, Guy. Well done on the speeding course.....never had that option......60gbp and triple points seems the norm up here. I am currently owning "some"....

Hi Kev

It is costing me to go on the Speed awareness Course about £90 better than three points on my clean licence !! So that will keep my Invincible away from your whisky soaked hands

Very best wishes do hope I see you sometime down here

Guy

I have a brand new T180 tyre and wheel for sale if you ever come accross any one interested

Hi Guy,

I approached our local council about going on the "Speed Awareness" course even though I have "no compelling reason to do so" ( that has to be the kiss of death! )

Their reply was: "you can only go on the course if you get caught for speeding". I wrote back in high dudgeon and had a go about the need for preventative measures. All I got back was a "sorry, no chance". I'm not a !Removed! or anything like that, but a mate who had done the course said that it had changed his driving style completely and I was interested in anything that could be that effective!

• 1 year later...

Hi firstly sorry if i am writing on a wrong post but i though my issue is related to the tittle of this tread. I have a 2014 rav4 2.0 petrol auto with touch & go 2. i am getting an issue with my touch & go system. the problem i am facing is that i have got a new update for the maps but it does not let me install the update. reads the usb stick and even detects that there is a map update on there but after its done a check it says Update Not Valid For This Device. is there any one there to help me out with this issue. the current version on my unit is 4.2.1 and the latest available for my car is 4.3.0. I have even flashed the usb stick a few time n try and even tried different usb stick but with no joy. so if anyone please. thanks in advance. :clap:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links