Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2013 Model Prius - Wheels

AEB-UK

Hello,

I should be picking up my new Prius T-Spirit in December, and I have a question about the wheels.

My current 2009/10 model T-Spirit has 17" wheel, and I bought a set of winter tyres for it.

However, when my new car arrives, I have in mind buying a set of 17" alloys for the winter tyres, rather than having a garage swap the tyres when it starts to get cold each time.

I have seen new alloys advertised on eBay, and although they look the part, the seller has stated they will not fit my new Prius because the pcd of the wheels he is selling is 114.3mm, whereas the pcd of my new car is only 100mm.

Type "17" prius wheels" into eBay, and look at the 6th item down, priced at £275.

Could someone with a new 2013 Prius tell me what the pcd of their wheels is please?

Explanation of pcd = http://www.fastcar.co.uk/2012/01/12/what-is-offset-and-pcd/3/

Pretty sure they are Lexus wheels which are a 5x114.3 pcd. As far as im aware the Prius/CT is still 5x100.

Alex

Could anyone confirm if 2010 Prius T-Sprirt 17" wheels would fit a 2013 Prius T-Spirit?

If I was you, I'd get smaller rims, maybe 16s or even 15s - The Winter tyres for those sizes will be MUCH cheaper.

Cyker,

I'll not dispute your comment.

However, since I already have the 17" Winter tyres, I still wish to know if 2010 Prius T-Sprirt 17" wheels would fit a 2013 Prius T-Spirit?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I went ahead and bought some wheels for my winter tyres anyway.

The advert and my order was for wheels with an off-set of 40, whilst the originals have an off-set of 45 I believe.

Unfortunately, the wheels which arrived today say on their boxes that the off-set is 35.

This means they will sit 10mm further out from the wheel hub.

Can anyone from Toyota comment on any problems this might cause.

I am in the process of querying this with the seller.

I already have the 17" Winter tyres, I still wish to know if 2010 Prius T-Sprirt 17" wheels would fit a 2013 Prius T-Spirit?

There is no reason they shouldn't. The 2013 Prius is a facelifted 2010 Prius so stuff like wheels will be the same spec.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links