Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bike Rack.

tutster

Hello. Ive recently bought a Rav 4 and need to transport 3 bikes. I was thinking about getting a 3 cycle bike rack, the type that hooks onto the body work, as this is much easier and cheaper. Can someone please tell me the maximum weight for the rear door?

Many thanks.

It isn't listed but at least the weight of a spare 17 inch wheel and a fairly beefy bracket which used to be fitted as standard. If they obscure the lights you should use a trailer light board as well.

Could you not hook them to one of the rear doors assuming you have a 5 door RAV? A yellow high viz waistcoat wrapped round the rear wheel of the bike can be bought for £0.99. Right enough, you haven't said whether the bikes are Hondas or self-propelled.

Or buy a cheap van? Trailer?

:wacko:

Always preferred roof mounts for bikes.

Safer,more secure,and you can still open the tailgate..but obviously a bigger initial expense.

I wouldn't fancy three bikes on the back at 70mph tbh.

Hi,

If you are thinking of transporting your bikes on the roof, and need roof bars and bike racks, please PM me 'cause I may have what you need.