Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Auris Excel Sport Tourer Hybrid

cviclark

Collected my Auris Excel TS Hybrid yesterday and love it. It feels much more solid than my Prius and the trim looks to be more durable. I even like the colour Island Blue, my first Toyota that has not been silver. The boot is huge and well thought out with lots of hidden bits. Space saver is still on its way but it looks as if it could even take a full size spare. The DAB locks on well and gives better reception than FM.

I only have one serious criticism it is going to be very hard to keep to 30mph and 50mph speed limits.. The speedo is not marked for either and is small,low and hard to see. The digital driving monitor, which is very nice and easy to see, gives clear average mph, mpg, range but not the true speed. This must be known and should have been an easy implantation. I am surprised such a simple thing was missed given UK speed limits, the car is so quiet there is little audible indication of speed. I do not have Sat Nav so I do not know if that gives true speed. I knew I would miss the Prius HUD, but in most other ways this is a much nicer car to drive and for me far more practical. It is hard to understand why its a Corolla is Australia and an Auris here I am sure it would sell better with a name people could pronounce. I did about 800 miles last week in my Motorhome and did not see one on the road. I even passed the factory. Maybe Toyota are keeping it a secret in case it kills Prius sales

I still do not know why an estate car comes on 17" LP tires, even worse mine is on Dunlops and no rim savers.

Think the only reliable way of getting a true speed reading is with GPS.

For Europe Toyota wanted to achieve a step-change in both sales and brand image - hence in 2007, the name change to Auris from Corolla.

In New Zealand and Australia, they don't have the same issues - with the Corolla already being the top selling car in New Zealand, and the Corolla overtaking the Mazda 3 in June to become the top selling vehicle in Australia on a 'year to date' basis.

Toyota has been market leader in Australia for the past ten years.

Oh I am so jealous , mine doesn't come to next week. Still make up for going back to work after 2 weeks off.

Mick

Sorry by true speed I mean the speed shown on the speedo in digital. I am surprised 30 and 50 are not red-lined/ highlighted or even marked. It would be a simple software fix to add it to the digital multi information display instead of average speed just show speed. Most speedo readings are reasonably accurate at 30 but I will be cutting strips of dayglo like back in the 60's. As it is I could be anywhere from 27-33 and its hard to judge. I am aware of Aussie and NZ Toyotas as I have been to both I also owned a 73 Corolla in Cyprus and I still think Auris would sell better with different name.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links