Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stabilizer Bars

DOG7

Has any one fitted stabilizer front&rear to there avensis.what difference did they make, & how big a job is it!

When you mean stabilizer bars, you mean anti-roll bars?

I say this because of the lack of response to your query.

Hi Konrad . No there not anti-roll bars there stabiliser links bars two front & two rear . There short bars with a ball joint at each end, the fronts are longer than the back ones. They might be part. of the multi-link suspension . post-131343-0-34173000-1380571230_thumb.

Edited by DOG7

Those are 'drop-links' they connect anti-roll-bars to the suspension strut. Fitted as standard.

http://toyotamarket.ru/gr/273350/003/2/4803/1/48684A/

They are not a suspension 'upgrade'. There is no reason to use anything other than the stock drop-links

• Like 1

Hi Alexander.

Thanks for the picture response. Yes they are called stabilizer links, but like Gazza, I call them drop links. The anti-roll bar is the stabilizer.

Gazza is also correct that they are standard part of the suspension.

If your current links need to be changed, the job is straight forward and easy.

Konrad

Hi Konrad & gazza . Thanks again for your info. The reason I asked was for last 2000 mile or so the car has started to sway slightly in cross winds not much but noticeable I've had the track rod end looked at &bottom ball joints by MR t both ok . So I through the other thing to check was the stabilisers or anti-roll bar bushes. Any ideas . Ps the steering rack is ok .

Hi Konrad & gazza . Thanks again for your info. The reason I asked was for last 2000 mile or so the car has started to sway slightly in cross winds not much but noticeable I've had the track rod end looked at &bottom ball joints by MR t both ok . So I through the other thing to check was the stabilisers or anti-roll bar bushes. Any ideas . Ps the steering rack is ok .

?Have you altered the suspension or shock absorbers in any way,also ?what are the tyres like.

• Like 1

No alterations to suspension , tyres new front& rear. All I can put down is rutting inside lane of m1 and undulations of carriage ways! That's what led me to the stabilisers bars!

If it was me id be looking at getting a four wheel alignment done,better than just tracking as this just does the front wheels,i had problems on the last Vec C i had this done, and this comes highly recommended ..heres a link ...http://www.alignmycar.co.uk/ ETS inDerby (Alfreton Road) ..,did mine ..worth a look for the price..

• Like 1

Hi Exvec, took my car for wheel alignment nothing wrong with alignment , the guy who did it said try an extra 3 pound of pressure in forint tyres so I will let you know how I get on attaching the print out .post-131343-0-22957200-1381661319_thumb.

post-131343-0-27637100-1381661352_thumb.

Dog 7 Hi,looking at your print out there does appear to be a problem with your left rear ,on the current measurement part its in red which means it needs adjustment to take it back into the green segment,??they told you it was ok.

Hi Exvec , i will have new drop links fitted front&rear then take it back. See what that does. Keep you posted .