Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 2.0 D-4D 1Cd-Ftv - Oil Choice - Ester Or Not

kostadinnm

Hello

I am about to get my motor oil changed in a while. I learned that apart from the conventional fully synthetic PAO-based oils, there are ester-based ones. There are ester products that cover the viscosity and thickness requirements for my vehicle. I am curious what's the usage of these ester oils?! I couldn't find any deep explanation on the Internet - will I go wrong with an ester-based one?!

Cheers,

Kostadin

Have a look at the Opie Oils website http://www.opieoils.co.uk/

They have a couple of ester based oils from Silkolene and Fuchs - most are intended for either competition or motorcycle engines.

Information: http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Car_Care/AskMobil/Ester_Oil_Collection.aspx.

Ester and double ester oils like motul 300V are some of the best oils in the World 😀🚗💨

Could you please clarify - the engine is common-rail diesel with turbo - I don't know whether it has a particulate filter, though. I would use it in the cold weather as winter is coming, but I read ester-based have shorter refill cycle?!

Most importantly - will the car work better with an ester-, or PAO-based is sufficient to get most out of the corolla?!

One more thing - do ester-based(group 5) cool the turbine well?!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links