Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charging Cable Length/replacement.

IanIanIanIan

I have a PodPoint with a J1772 plug and four core cable (marked "EVE EC 300/500v 3x2.5mm²+0.5mm² 105ºC HAOTONG"), no problems with it except the cable would be more convenient if it were two or three meters longer.

I thought I would replace the cable with a longer one but I cannot find a replacement of suitable cable. Suppliers of EVSEs and plugged cables seem to import them from China complete. Nobody in the UK appears to have a reel of cable and are willing to sell me eight metres. What will we do when we eventually wear out/damage our cable?

Any suggestions/pointers?

I had the same problem and it does seem like they have a fixed length but I did find a male-female extension available in two lengths. http://www.evconnectors.com/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=j1772&product_id=122 when I saw the price I decided it was easier to reverse my car into my driveway so that the socket was within reach of the supplied 5m cable.