Do Not Sell My Personal Information

N00bie Saying Hi!

ds2000

Hi everyone,

I'll be moving to Toyota Owenership in the next couple of months or so and I thought it best to find somewhere like this.

Nice forum btw, looks like you've got a good club here.

I currently own a Honda Prelude 2.2 vtec (which I'm selling) and I'm a member of the Honda-R club :)

Anyway I hope I've not broken any rules or upset anyone by posting here, just a quickie to say hi really!

Dave

No rules broken, always nice when people say HI when they join...

Welcome to the club and hope the forum proves helpful, what Toyota are you going for btw ?

I'm looking at a Supra TT.

I've always wanted one and I'm about able to afford it now (got to sell my 2 preludes 1st - this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=2401762948 - is going to Oxford on Thursday so fingers crossed I'll be 50% of the way there.

I really wanted a Targa manual but I can't see myself finding one :(

I really should be looking at a house but with the market as it is and my g/f still having a few more years of uni then why not really :)

I'm going to bide my time though as there are alot of overpirced high mileage cars out there :(

Theres a ship coming in Thursday and the guy in Oxford is trying to track one down for me :D

tbh I'm not 100% sure yet, I've got to speak to the guy later today/tomorrow to find out exactly where his showroom is.

I'm looking forward to it though.

I'm looking for a driving course as well because 300+bhp isn't the best car to start my RWD days on.

Supra TT would be nice! Your 300+ bhp on a TT would most likely be around 450bhp, alternativly I know a man who has one imported from Japan with 600bhp as standard. Have fun with it, how old are you by the way? I would not insure one of those for reasonable price until I am at least 25 :angry:

I'm coming 22 with 4 years NCB.

I've looked into the insurance and it isn't all that bad, as long as I have a CAT1 it comes up with tesco at £1158

Its alot but I'm paying £1000 on my 200BHP Prelude now, hopefully she'll shift soon but if anyone knows of someone in the market for a low mileage 2.2 vtec then please send them my way, pictures are here:

http://www.btinternet.com/~provemewrong/4salepics/5G

She's done 34,500

200BHP

4WS

Front Strut Brace

Climate Control

Folding Mirrors

1998 Plate

Serviced at 4k, 10k, 20k and 30k

1/2 Leather

A1 Condition

I'm looking for around £9300

Thanks all, I'm off to look around :)

Dave

:( When I was 22 I was driving a ten year old MG Metro worth about a grand – where did I go wrong?! :D

lol @ you two (I don't mean in a nasty way)

I left school when I was 16 to do a modern apprentiship in IT, I went and bought a C reg Escy MKIV, I wrote it off not long after, was really gutted some guy in a land rover converted the rear to a Fiesta at 70mph, how my brother and myself were ok is still a bit :blink:

I then bought another Escy this was a real nail as I was skint, traded that in on a new Corsa with 2 years free insurance, awful car but at £200 /month, insurance, tax everything thrown in it was cheap motoring and a great way to start my NCB.

I then bought a 1996 Prelude and modified her quite alot:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=2401762948

(She's going down to Oxford on Thurs)

I then bought my 2.2 Prelude but because I've not sold the other one just yet I'm having to sell this one to pay off the other ones loan :(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=ADME:B:LC:UK:1

I've decided that when they've both gone its Supra time :)

As I say I earn £14k and there is no way in the world I could afford a house yet, I don't want to rent as its dead money, my g/f is still in Uni so I might as well have my last bit of fun before I go and buy something sensible for a few years :(

That sounds pretty much like my situation, I left school at aged 16 to carry on full time a job I had taken on part time while doing GCSE's. I trained myself in IT network management and 4 years later I am now IT manager for that same company.

House prices are rediculas and my girlfriend of three years has just started first year of five at Uni, so no point in buying house just yet. I have just bought a new Yaris T-Sport and have some pretty major plans for it - I am looking at also having a Jap Import Supra to work on as a show car project until I can insure it in a couple of years on low mileage as a bit of a weekend toy.

Steve.

I might be, my company has just agreed to branch into IT consultancy etc, so if that really takes off I will be looking to staff a department to design, install and maintain custom systems.

Steve.

Well if you are I'd happily send a CV in.

My current job has really run out of interesting tasks now, since we (2 of us) upgraded the network, servers, workstations, backup solutions its been very reliable, which is good but means new projects that are interesting are really hard to come by :(

B)