Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Door Leak Issue, Is There A Easy Diy Fix?

Aygo-Jas

Hi All,

I have a Aygo on a 08 plate that seems to leak every so often, always through the doors, never in the boot.

I just called my local Toyota dealership and they want it in to look at at a cost of £60!

the guy said he wouldnt know if its in warrenty or not till they have taken it apart and tested it, so I said, its either in warrenty or not!

Im just wondering, as this problem is well known with the aygo, is there an easier way of sorting it?

Could I just buy some new door seals and fit myself for example? or are these leaks dur to a number of different issues?

Im always reluctant to go to main dealers just because they charge stupid prices for everything.

Any help would be grately recieved

i would ask them if the £60 is refundable if it is covered by the warranty,as you shouldn't be paying for anything thats cover by it thats the point of warranty is to give you peace of mind knowing that everything will be free to you.

There is a 5yr warranty extension for known leaks, if your car is diagnosed with a leak which is on a list of recognised issues then you will not have to pay, however if the issue is not a recognised one or due to factors such as neglect, modification or damage then you will have to pay, it is unfair to expect your dealer to diagnose a car and agree to a free repair without seeing it first.

Thanks,

Due to the rain yesterday I went to check and sure enough there is a small puddle on the drivers side so I thought I'd do the leg-work first and remove the door panels.

I've discovered that it comes in through the weatherstrip by the wing mirror as the water runs that way when the cars flat due to the slope.

This then drips down onto the waterproof foam speaker protector/cover thing.

Because this is stuck to the door on the external inside (if that makes sense) The water runs round and out from behind the door panel, then onto the seals where it can only run inside.

Now I've got an idea of where the problem is then Toyota shouldn't have an issue telling me if its in warrenty or not, hopefully.

the only bad thing about you telling toyota what the problem is,is they wont be held responsible if the there is a leak from somewhere else as well without them looking at it.

As above Toyota have an extensive diagnosis procedure that they require the dealer to complete, this is because Toyota want all water ingress issues dealt with in one claim, to get Toyota to pay for these repairs your dealer has to provide photographic evidence of the diagnosis, faults found and repairs completed as once this full process has been carried Toyota will not allow any further water ingress claims on your car.

At present Toyota recognise the following as being potentially covered under the warranty extension:

*Ingress through door panel membranes - incorrectly sealed during manufacture - remove, clean and replace membranes, FR doors only

*Ingress through door weather seals - seals can twist causing poor seal between seal and panels - modified door seals and an additional gutter seal along upper body to channel water away.

*Ingress

through antenna base - poorly designed o ring not sealing effectively - modified antenna base sealed with butyl tape, with Increased fixing torque

*Ingress through door speaker membranes - poor material design ( open cell foam membrane ) poor installation of membrane - modified material ( closed cell foam ) and improved installation processes.

*Ingress through tailgate glass stoppers - poor sealing of stoppers - fit new stoppers sealed with butyl tape.

*Ingress through rear panel vents - vent seal splits and vent misshaped - modified vent shape with new rubberised gasket.

Only these issues above are covered and they all have varying production implementation dates so the newer the car the fewer of the above that may apply. All warrantied cases must have new door seal sets fitted as the diagnosis process includes removing the interior carpet, this requires the seals to be peeled off and as the are bonded to the car new seals must be fitted to ensure a water tight car.

Any other water ingress issues would not be covered by Toyota, so you can see why your dealer is charging a diagnosis charge, if you only have warrantied faults then you should get your charge back.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links