Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unwanted Rev Counter, Pic. Included

***valerie***

Hi.

I've started a new thread with this because it occured to me that if I do manage to remove it successfully, someone on here might like to have it!!! :)

Here is an actual picture of mine and if I could put back the plastic on the outside of the counter I would only be left with the smallish hole at the bottom of the rev counter's stem.

sy8m.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

welcome to the forum

the hole you will be left with is the big oval shape around the base of the rev counter you could if you really wanted buy another cowl to replace the original one just make sure the cowling is for a car without the counter fitted as standard then eBay the counter and cowling together.

First of welcome to the club :)....just a thought, as and when you come to sell the car in years to come, it could devalue it have standard parts removed, why not live with it for a while.

Another option, buy a new cowling cover from Toyota, remove rev counter and keep it stored and refit when you sell it :)

First of welcome to the club :)....just a thought, as and when you come to sell the car in years to come, it could devalue it have standard parts removed, why not live with it for a while.

Another option, buy a new cowling cover from Toyota, remove rev counter and keep it stored and refit when you sell it :)

Yes, I had thought about the devalue effect. As for living with it, once you have decided to add/remove a part just leaving it stops even being an option!! I don't know if Toyota would have a cowling cover minus the fitting for the rev counter but I suppose it is worth a try!! Will have to send a few emails and see what it produces!!!! :help2:

Yes, I had thought about the devalue effect. As for living with it, once you have decided to add/remove a part just leaving it stops even being an option!! I don't know if Toyota would have a cowling cover minus the fitting for the rev counter but I suppose it is worth a try!! Will have to send a few emails and see what it produces!!!! :help2:

If the aygo is sold new without a revcounter, then the parts department should be able to sell you a cowling without hole in it, although you might have to take the blue trim ring off.

Well I emailed Toyota and what do you know, half hour later they email me back!!!!! :eek: I basically just asked them if I could purchase the cowling minus the rev.counter hole, this was their reply which I havr just copied and pasted:

In response to your query, I would suggest you contact the Service Department at your local Toyota Centre. Due to the technical nature of your enquiry, a qualified Toyota technician would be more suited to assist you further

Hmmm, hadn't really thought that it was that technical, oh well. :blushing:

Well I emailed Toyota and what do you know, half hour later they email me back!!!!! :eek: I basically just asked them if I could purchase the cowling minus the rev.counter hole, this was their reply which I havr just copied and pasted:

In response to your query, I would suggest you contact the Service Department at your local Toyota Centre. Due to the technical nature of your enquiry, a qualified Toyota technician would be more suited to assist you further

Hmmm, hadn't really thought that it was that technical, oh well. :blushing:

try this company they will post to you

car transplants 01270 627919

quote the Tag No. 582854 and ask how much the cowling that goes around the speedo would be its also painted in blue like yours

if you go to http://www.car-transplants.co.uk/used-parts-breaking-vehicles/toyota/aygo/

then on the right hand side you will see loads of aygo's keep scrolling until you see the 4th blue aygo and click on it

then look at the 4th pic under the the main aygo pic and you can see the inside looks good

try this company they will post to you

car transplants 01270 627919

quote the Tag No. 582854 and ask how much the cowling that goes around the speedo would be its also painted in blue like yours

if you go to http://www.car-transplants.co.uk/used-parts-breaking-vehicles/toyota/aygo/

then on the right hand side you will see loads of aygo's keep scrolling until you see the 4th blue aygo and click on it

then look at the 4th pic under the the main aygo pic and you can see the inside looks good

Thank you for that, yes the inside does look good, I appreciate you finding that for me, it is a different shade of blue but I suppose I can't have everything. I shall certainly give it some thought.

Hi,

OK I have a plan and if it isn't workable I hope you will tell me but I think this is the best way of doing it!! :) I remove speedo cowling and then remove the rev counter, I then dismantle the rev counter taking out the stem (arrowed in red) which holds the dial. I then reassemble the base part with the outer flange attached (arrowed in blue) and bolt this part back in place underneath the speedo cowling, with the cowling put back all I would have left then is just the small hole (outlined in green) where the stem once was. I could then cap this off with a small piece of grey foam rubber.

What d'ya reckon??

imageedit_14_7449343219.gif

to remove the cowling you will find a cross head screw on the back of the stem (arrowed red) loosen the screw and the rev counter will slide upwards by doing this you gain the extra room that is needed to lift the cowling off i think there are 2 screws on the front to undo then thats it lift the cowling off.

to remove the counter you will need an 8mm or 10mm socket to unscrew the bolt and then there is just one plug to disconnect thats is your done.

i think maybe you need to strip it down yourself and then see what kind of a job it is for you to do,one mans easy job is another mans hard job.

to remove the cowling you will find a cross head screw on the back of the stem (arrowed red) loosen the screw and the rev counter will slide upwards by doing this you gain the extra room that is needed to lift the cowling off

Thank you so much for this piece of info!!! I didn't even know that screw was there until you told me!! I have a set of pics which I am following for help.

• 2 weeks later...

is there no one that wants a rev counter (that doesnt have one) and can give you their cowling and they take yours with the hole in ? as well as some cash for the rev counter & postage ? just an idea :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

is the rev counter still available ?

The rev counter doesn't have a base part as I fitted that back on the car so it is just as pictured!! and yes it is still available.

DSCF0067-1.jpg

im afraid without the base bit it will not work/fit to another car-you cant buy that bit separately.

I don't quite understand that if you managed to take this bit off , why didn't you get replacement cowling part no Peugeot p00004131fs about £ 30 and then I could buy rev counter + cowling (with slot cut out) from you

im afraid without the base bit it will not work/fit to another car-you cant buy that bit separately.

I don't quite understand that if you managed to take this bit off , why didn't you get replacement cowling part no Peugeot p00004131fs about £ 30 and then I could buy rev counter + cowling (with slot cut out) from you

I hunted everywhere for a replacement cowling, I am unable to find one. The part you mention is not available to buy online.

Nearest peugeot dealer is in Hereford which is an hours drive from here, not exactly local!!! :no:

But it has the hole cut out for a rev counter, the cowling I would want would have NO hole!!!!

Val

OK, this is it from the same firm but costs a £ 1.00 more (£13.99) all that extra plastic... :)

http://www.c1store.co.uk/store/product_info.php?cPath=192&products_id=3100

Yes, that is it, but I really don't want to take my cowling all apart again, but am happy to let the rev counter go if a new bottom bit can be found. Sorry.!! :bored:

part quoted by rasitlin is correct as it says without cutout.

or

just tel dealer in Hereford tell them what you want and they will post.

if you are not going to remove cowl, then I think you need to close this post ?

How do I close the post?