Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is The "normal" Oil Consumption On 150 Version D-4D (2009

babaroga

Hi

Can anybody share their oil consumption on 150 bhp d-4d engine (built from 2009 onwards), per 10k miles? 0.5l?

What is considered good or "normal" oil consumption , for mainly city driving?

Thanks

Hi

Can anybody share their oil consumption on 150 bhp d-4d engine (built from 2009 onwards), per 10k miles? 0.5l?

What is considered good or "normal" oil consumption , for mainly city driving?

Thanks

2011 none

I've got the 150 engine, no idea what is viewed as normal consumption but for what its worth I have used 3ltrs of oil as top ups in 30K miles of mixed driving including towing a caravan. Its well below the max limit given in the handbook so I'm happy. Hope this helps.

John

We have run a 2011 150 from new to 21k miles. It had services at 10 and 20k and used no oil whatsoever. The car has had mixed running, mainly local but monthly motorway journeys as well. Unlike John ours hasn't pulled a caravan or trailer.

I have had 3 150s with the manual gearbox and I wiped more oil off the dipstick than they used. They didn't even turn the oil black although I think the most mileage I did between services was about 5k.

The new auto box model has come filled with 0W/30 fully synthetic oil and it has dropped to about 6mm below the top mark since new and has now completed 3700 miles. I expect that although after 5-10k miles it might reduce as the engine beds in.

The oil consumption guidelines are the same far all 2.0/2.2 AD engined Toyota's oil usage in excess of 0.5lt/621miles is considered excessive.

Great, thank you all, this sounds about right for what I see on mine (although I did only few thousands miles so far) - at the moment there is only small consumption shown on the dipstick, so my estimate is that it will be around 0,5l per 10k. Mine has done 80k miles so that is about right for good engine.

Anchorman - how is that auto box from Toyota? Is it standard auto , or dual clutch like Audi/VW DSG ? Is it smooth? It took Toyota long time to get auto on diesels.

I also read somewhere that Toyota will use BMW diesel engines from 2015.....

Thanks

Great, thank you all, this sounds about right for what I see on mine (although I did only few thousands miles so far) - at the moment there is only small consumption shown on the dipstick, so my estimate is that it will be around 0,5l per 10k. Mine has done 80k miles so that is about right for good engine.

Anchorman - how is that auto box from Toyota? Is it standard auto , or dual clutch like Audi/VW DSG ? Is it smooth? It took Toyota long time to get auto on diesels.

I also read somewhere that Toyota will use BMW diesel engines from 2015.....

Thanks

Hi Sasha

sorry to cut in front of Anchorman but I am keen to tell you that I adore the 6 speed auto attached to the 2.2 diesel. It is smooth and very usable. It has three modes of which I like "sport" the best and use Eco about town and standard when too lazy to think about gears at all. I was using the "gear range" function over the last week to get engine braking down hills in Devon and Cornwall, this was very simple and effective too. You also have flappy paddles to play with! :driving::clap:

Wish I had changed to auto sooner

Hope this helps a bit

Andy

PS I believe it is a torque-converter type auto

• Like 1

Totally concur with glorydad on the autobox, Sash........utterfully brilliant in any guise, but in Sport mode it really does belie the supposed 150 horsey things. Highly recommended.

Wow , excellent to hear. I prefer tourque converters - it seems they last a lot longer then dual clutch ones. Thanks again for feedback

Toyota use a conventional torque converter type six speed box in the Diesel Rav4... None of that twin clutch malarkey or worse CVT stuff....

There is a CVT version with a petrol engine but not on the diesel.

Gus - the first 150s were on 59 plates.