Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare Wheel Kit Available

andyfr

Just thought I would let the forum know that Toyota have now brought out a space saver kit for the Auris which comprises of a space saver wheel and tyre, lock down bolt and protector for £88.48 including VAT. Ours was delivered by courier yesterday and it was less than £100 including delivery which I thought was very reasonable.

I just wish it would be available for the Auris HSD, I've always read that it won't fit in the boot.

Hope they do the same for the GT-86..

Very kind of them. It would be better, instead of penny pinching, if it was supplied with the vehicle originally.

Let's squeeze a bit more out of our customers.

Toyota, of course, are not the only ones guilty of this.

• 2 weeks later...

My local dealer denies this is available for my 2010 model, but generously (not) offered to put one together for £150. Andyfr, sounds like you ordered direct from somewhere?

I got it from a Franchised Toyota dealer, not a local one, and they ordered it from Toyota. I think it had only recently become available so your local dealer may not have been aware of it.

Thanks Andyfr, after your reply I spoke to a franchise dealer (much more helpful than the main one). He checked the bulletin and the kit is only for new models, as mine is 2010 pre-facelift it will not fit. Thanks for your help though, looks like I will have to splash the cash.

Hi Rob

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that it's the same size for the pre and post face lift, maybe one of the other members will be able to confirm or dispel that theory.

• 2 weeks later...

Have just taken delivery of a 2013 Auris Excel HSD. Separately ordered a Spare Wheel kit. This comes with four parts, viz.

1. Cover that replaces the existing bit of ABS/plastic at the end of the boot compartment

2. Bolt that secures the spare wheel (it's like a bolt)

3. The wheel assembly

4. Spare wheel protectors

There are in fact four (4) "protectors" and come in the form of a bits of rubber that fit in a North/South/East & West orientation in the wheel well and on which the spare wheel sits. They are to stop the wheel jiggling about in the metal well.

My kit was delivered with only one of these "protectors" which paused some debate as to how it fitted. It has been only through diverse queries that I managed to get the truth of the matter, i.e. there should have been four.

Am waiting for the extra three missing protectors to be delivered to the local dealer ship. Hoping that they solve the mystery.

Hi, was that spare wheel kit for the touring sports version or the normal hatchback?

If the normal hatchback, do you have the part number(s) and how much did you pay?

Cheers,

Colin

Colin,

It was for the normal 5 door hatchback.

This is the parts list for the Spare Wheel kit as scanned in from my invoice. These prices don't include VAT and of course you need four of the protectors.

COVER,
DECK TRI T64716-02130-CO £9.12 CARRIER,S/WHEEL T51931-02020 £1.53 PROTECTOR, SPAR T64778-02040 £2.44 WHEEL ASSY T42600-05810 £66.90

Didn't you get the Tool Bag to put the wheel brace and jack etc., included in the kit?

I must admit I was surprised it came with one but it's very useful.

I'll see if I can find the invoice.

Okay, it's: Tool Bag T09120-02130 £3.06.

• 6 months later...

I ordered the spacesaver wheel for my 2013 auris hatchback and was charged £100.00 inc vat by western Toyota Edinburgh - just hope it comes with all the items necessary for safe and secure storage

• 1 year later...

Have just taken delivery of a 2013 Auris Excel HSD. Separately ordered a Spare Wheel kit. This comes with four parts, viz.

1. Cover that replaces the existing bit of ABS/plastic at the end of the boot compartment

2. Bolt that secures the spare wheel (it's like a bolt)

3. The wheel assembly

4. Spare wheel protectors

There are in fact four (4) "protectors" and come in the form of a bits of rubber that fit in a North/South/East & West orientation in the wheel well and on which the spare wheel sits. They are to stop the wheel jiggling about in the metal well.

My kit was delivered with only one of these "protectors" which paused some debate as to how it fitted. It has been only through diverse queries that I managed to get the truth of the matter, i.e. there should have been four.

Am waiting for the extra three missing protectors to be delivered to the local dealer ship. Hoping that they solve the mystery.