Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P0031 Fault Code

Steverav1

guys

this morning I have the mil light on and have read the codes and comes up with p0031 bank 1 sensor 1 not too sure on the description of the fault code I have tried clearing the fault with the scanner I have but it just keeps coming back within 2-3 miles of driving

anyways I have tested the top right lambda sensor to see if there is any resistance through it with a voltmeter using the ohms setting and there isn't any readings at all tried the left hand sensor and I have a reading on this one

would you say the sensor is kaput I believe it is the car hasn't lost any power or mpg at the moment but due to being booked in for the MOT next Friday I think its best off changing it due to emission's test am I correct in thinking this

car is a 55reg 2.0 vvt-i

any advice appreciated

Steve

it could be the air flow meter either take out the air flow meter and clean with electrical contact cleaner just to rule out as its a cheaper fix than replacing lambda sensor

If one sensor is giving a reading and the other isn't then I suspect you have found your problem. If you are concerned about the cost of replacing it only to find that it wasn't faulty then maybe get a professional to confirm your diagnosis. Will cost a little bit but may save you more than a little bit if the diagnosis is wrong.

• Like 1

cheers

opted to change the lambda sensor wasn't too pricey neither picking it up tomorrow so lets see what happens. mpg is all over now down to 19mpg this morning so its defiantly something

cheers

steve