Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mpg

bigboots46

evening all can anyone tell me what they are getting (mpg) with there auris hibrid `ken `

hi ian, you are getting 2 miles more then me but i am a bit dissapointed i thought it would do more than that i have spoke to a few owners and they say 50 is adout all we will get addverts on the new ones says in the 80s and i was told when buying it 65/70 i think someones been conned thanks for your reply ` ken

You're unlikely to get near the official EU fuel consumption figures as the tests are done under laboratory conditions, and bear little relationship to the real world. Manufacturers and dealers have to use the figures from the EU fuel consumption tests.

Have a look at Honest John's Real mpg for the Auris Hybrid, and this is an example of what owners are achieving - http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/toyota/auris-and-auris-hsd/18-vvt-i.

How are you driving it? ie getting in the the car and just driving or have you changed your driving style? To get the best out of them there are a few tricks

Alex

hi i drive very carefully i don`t race around i do leave it in eco mode is this right ? `ken

I would take it out of eco mode and let the car decide for most of the journey how it should operate. power mode up hills and coast over the crest of the hill. In town it will run in ev mode as much as you can.

Out on A/B roads where your at a constant speed use eco.

If you have the last mile of your journey under 25mph use the ev mode as when you start the car the following day it will re charge the hybrid Battery whilst it brings up the engine temp

easiest way to remember things is the throttle pedal in normal will give 50% power for 50% travel, eco 25% power for 50% travel and power is 75% power to 50% travel (figures are approx)

Alex

Hi Ken

Just bought an Auris Hybrid and our trip to the coast yesterday revealed 58.5 going which included around town driving since buying the car and 63mpg on our return trip after resetting the trip. Very pleased with this. Dave

Its me again, you really do have to adjust your driving considerably if its pure high economy you are looking for. If you are using the power boost button to go up hills then you are not driving economically. As I say if its pure economy you want you need to keep it in ECO most of the time except when a fast pull away is rewquired from a junction or lights or when a quick overtake is needed. I think if you aRE GETTING AROUND 50MPG UNDER NORMAL DRIVING CONDITIONS YOU CAN'T GRUMBLE AT THAT FOR A 1.8 ENGINE. Sorry for the caps caught the button! I also have a Jaguar S Type 2.7 D twin turbo and I get around town about 31mpg and 40 mpg is quite achieveable on a long run but as I say it's all down to your driving style.

Put simply, it's about time legislation was changed to allow maunfacturers to quote more realistsc MPG figures. That would mean a much more representative test for starters. But Mike's already covered this :)

If you live in a flat area - that helps MPG.

If you have plenty of time for all your journeys - that helps.

If you drive like the bottom half of the accelerator's a bomb switch - that helps (you, but not other road users).

If you practice what these other hybrid owners are doing - I'm sure that'll help too.

Good luck !

thanks for your replys i`ll take note as to what has been said and will let you know what i get in the future thanks `ken

thanks to all i will take notes and give it a few weeks then i`ll get back to tou all thanks again `ken ` :g: