Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Aygo Owner - Few Questions

kosmos5457

Hello everyone,

I would like to take the opportunity to introduce myself as a new AYGO owner. I've had the AYGO Move for a week now and having been getting used to the car, I have some questions, most of which relate to the integrated TomTom and media player.

I only realised after ordering the car that the model I chosen doesn't seem to have bluetooth audio streaming which is something I had in my previous car but thanks to an after-market radio unit. The TomTom does have the iPod integration and I cannot seem to get this working fully with my iPhone5, so for now I am having to use the AUX input to play music. TomTom has been hit and miss with the bluetooth too, seems fine for making call but receiving calls, it is anyone's guess whether the sound will come from the phone, the speaker or via bluetooth!

Now I realise most of the gripes till now relate to this TomTom unit which seems to sometimes read out computer generated instructions and other times not! Sound either works or doesn't it seems! It is a bit strange.

Now I bought an A2DP Bluetooth 30-pin adaptor from Amazon for about £7, named the i-Wave, hoping I can make this work with the TomTom/CD player, but till now I have been unable to. I got this idea from having read something relating to getting audio streaming working with the ECLIPSE II which if I am not mistaken is the same unit as what is in the AYGO. Streaming music via bluetooth is something I would really like to have in one way or another, so would you have any suggestions?

I do not want to use an FM transmitter for example. I know Toyota have a Bluetooth kit but isn't that only available in certain models of AYGO? Or could my local dealer take a look at fitting this kit?

Also, DAB it was never an essential for me but more of a would have liked. What systems are out there that would allow me to receive DAB in the car on the cheap?

No glove box, though I have realised from doing some reading on here that I could get one on eBay. I knew before buying one that as standard it doesn't have one but if I could get one, that would be great. The less hassle to fit, the better.

Any help or advice on all the above would be much appreicated.

Many thanks in advance!

Sorry but I can only help with the glove box lid, I bought one off eBay, it is excellent, here are the fitting instructions!! :)

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/legacy/Toy/aimuploads/%7B494EBF8B-8344-09D8-4D44-D6DC9EB38344%7D/Glovebox%20AIM%20000%20952-1.pdf

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links