Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota W53804 Cd: Android/bluetooth Support?

iantresman

Is there a way to add bluetooth to the W53804 CD?

My 2002 Toyota Avensis GS VVT-I has a Toyota W53804 CD with TNS 200 Navigation System. I'd like to get music from my Android phone playing through the car's Speakers. I don't really need any other features, but are there any options available?

post-134849-0-98078700-1381078294_thumb.

There are a few from a lot of companies, but the cheaper one mainly use SD card reader/usb/aux in all in one interface.

Companies like Xcarlink, Connects2, Yatour and a few others I cannot remember at the top of my head.

Also look at the following :- http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/142715-avensis-car-stereo-changeover/

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/%7BF92D7F82-212C-4BE8-B4D4-3AC4B8308D7D%7D/Audio%20RHD%203A3RT22W-1.pdf

Try eBay and Amazon to source these devices and look at the manufacturers website.

Konrad

With the usb/card reader, you can change the tracks via the head unit and steering controls. The sound is as good as the source.

Thanks for that. I've also found the Parrot CK3000-EVOLUTION Hands Free Kit (about £70) and the Parrot CK3100 LCD (about £80-120), plus the addition of a connector cable (available for some Avensis models), plus fitting (Halford charge about £40). These also have the advantage of being hands-free kits, as well as letting me play my music through the car's Speakers.

Some more research I think.

I use the Novero trusty one hands free in my Mk1. It is connected using the standard Euro connecters and I ordered a Toyota to Euro and Euro to Sony interface cables. There is no display only a voice to say what is happen plus the controller. There was also the Novero Truly One which has the LED display.

The Novero is just like the Parrot CK3000 and allows to phones to be active at the same time. The first phone connected will give access to the music player. The amp is only rated at 7watts x 4 and seems loud enough, but I use my main system which has Connects2 usb on my factory Sony stereo. I paid £60 for the Novero in 2011.

There are lots of systems like Dice.

The Yatour and Xcarlink have bluetooth modules that can be plugged into the SD card reader/usb/aux adapter.

So much options available.

If you can remove the headunit of which there are instructions in the pdf link, you can save the £40.

It depends if want to tackle the jobs yourself.

Konrad

Unfortuanately the Parrot CK3000-EVOLUTION Hands Free Kit (about £70) and the Parrot CK3100 LCD (about £80-120) will not work, as they do not stream music, which requires bluetooth A2DP. Other Parott products do support A2DP, but only their iPod products connect to the car Speakers, their Android products do not connect to the car's Speakers.

Connects2 have a lot of connector cables, but the only bluetooth product I see, is for a steering wheel controller. Their A2DP bluetooth adapater appears to be discontinued.

The Xcarlink Toyota USB/SD MP3 Interface Model V with optional BlueTooth interface (£124) seems like it will do the trick, but a bit pricey.

The Novero Trusty One (£85) and the Novero Truly One (£95), both support A2DP and seem to be able to do the trick, with installation at around £100, so also rather expensive.

The Motorola TK30 Music and Hands Free Car kit (£70) also support A2DP (£80 instllation). It looks like Halford used to sell this, if they can get hold of it, their installation is only £50, though it might require an extra cable for around £10.

• Like 1

Hi Ian,
If I had to replace my Novero Trusty One, I would go for the Motorola kit too! £70 is a steal!
It does everything my current system does with the addition of the display and the message handling. The amp is double the power for streaming music - have find the Novero adequate. I hardly ever use streaming anyway. The head unit is fine for me. Everything like two phones at the same time is also handled by Novero and Motorola. You have to go high in the Parrot range to get that feature!

The Toyota to Euro adapter cable will be needed as like my kit, the Motorola uses the standard Euro connector. That is what I had to get plus one for my Sony headunit.

I did my own installation running the mic to the mirror/map light, plugging the very straight forward connection, and placing the amp/brain and controller (or display/controller). Like all after market head units, the 2 power cables may need to be reversed for memory. It is not difficult to install, but a bit of time is needed.
The reason why I am telling you is because you can save the installation cost. If you had a friend who is confident at doing it for you then better, but it is your choice.

For me since I installed my own system, I know where everything is, so I can remove it and put the car back to original state.

Overall your choice is good.

Konrad

Thanks for the feedback, always good hear to first hand experience.

• Like 1

Glad to assist and also your input was also appreciated.