Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Microfiche For A 2011 Rav Rear Door ?

CharlieFarlie

Can any of you computer literate folks post a link to a microfiche for a 2011 rear door ?

I have here the genuine rear camera (Reversing) and would like to know where it goes ? I believe the connection is already in place so Im thinking it just a case of stripping the panels off the door and sorting it out..

I have had a look through the guides on how to fit the reversing cameras but it seems like they are after-market ones. So I think a plan of the rear door will guide me through the job a bit easier..

My car is of course a 2006 but the camera is from a 2011 car..

Thanks !

I found an installation guide on Toyota Tech...

But I don't know how to link to it.. :blush:

Installations instructions

RAV4

All generations

Installation manual

Rear view camera

Page 16 onwards..

Can any of you computer literate folks post a link to a microfiche for a 2011 rear door ?

I have here the genuine rear camera (Reversing) and would like to know where it goes ? I believe the connection is already in place so Im thinking it just a case of stripping the panels off the door and sorting it out..

I have had a look through the guides on how to fit the reversing cameras but it seems like they are after-market ones. So I think a plan of the rear door will guide me through the job a bit easier..

My car is of course a 2006 but the camera is from a 2011 car..

Thanks !

Hi Charlie,

Before you go to all the bother, have you had a look at a RAV with the camera? Ours has one and, at the time we bought it, thought it would be great, especially for the OH as she loved the reversing sensors on both the old 4.2's. We thought the camera would be even better.

However, she hates it and I have to say that I can understand why. The perspective is really weird and you need to read the very comprehensive section in the T&G manual to fully understand that something can look to be very close but in fact is still several feet away whilst something else, at a different height, is actually in the back seat and strapped in before you have realised that it was a hell of a lot closer than the camera indicated. Also, when it rains, the image can become distorted as water can stick to the lens unless you're anal about keeping it clean.

On a humourous note, when the camera image appears it has a notice at the bottom saying, more or less, check the surroundings for obstructions. I thought that was what the camera was for FFS!. Presumably you are supposed to get out and run around back and check all is clear before reversing depite having the immage on the screen. H&S tuwats have much to answer for!!

No doubt with usage it will become more usefull but as a substitute for the old style sensors it's about as much use as a cast iron condom.

Seamus min......I have kinda got used to the camera, and use it in the main for.......if I see movement, I brake......may save a wee human life. Also in reality, with practice and initial tuition from Mountain Man, I could reverse mine to within only a few pubi of an obstruction..........look in your settings menu for the Contrast and Brightness adjusticators.....makes one heck of a difference to that what you sees, mate. Must agree about the rain though........renders it nigh on useless.

Also bear in mind that initially I mistrusted the camera so much, I had to show Anchorman and shcm how to fit my reversey beep beeps, so I now have brace and belties.....works great. I was pleasantly surprised at Kingo's revised price for the beepy system too. Well worth the investment.

Seamus min......I have kinda got used to the camera, and use it in the main for.......if I see movement, I brake......may save a wee human life. Also in reality, with practice and initial tuition from Mountain Man, I could reverse mine to within only a few pubi of an obstruction..........look in your settings menu for the Contrast and Brightness adjusticators.....makes one heck of a difference to that what you sees, mate. Must agree about the rain though........renders it nigh on useless.

Also bear in mind that initially I mistrusted the camera so much, I had to show Anchorman and shcm how to fit my reversey beep beeps, so I now have brace and belties.....works great. I was pleasantly surprised at Kingo's revised price for the beepy system too. Well worth the investment.

Yea, I think we'll end up doing the same.

I was pleasantly surprised at Kingo's revised price for the beepy system too. Well worth the investment.

The things I do for you :rolleyes:

Thanks Liz and Andy AGAIN !!!

Jim I have a reversing camera on the Jag and at first I found it a bit distracting.. I found myself looking at the screen and taking little notice of where the front of the car was going ! But Soon got used to it and think its a good worthwhile tool to have ...

Fitted the camera today using the PDFs supplied by shcm Thanks Andy.. Wiring at the head unit had been taken care of by schm Thanks again Andy....

After stripping the door the connection was easily found but there were no mounting holes or points as per the PDF no doubt due to my car being a 2006.. This meant a bit head scratching and marking out before drilling and setting up the camera it self.. I ended up with a nice clear view of not only what is behind the car but the actual rear of the car and the towbar so it should be easy to get parked close if needed,,,

dash003_zpsd3d2640d.jpg

• Like 2

Its the same view as the factory fitted one so you must have got it mounted in the right place.

Ah right.. I remember a comment elsewhere where a member said they could not see the back of their car ... The one on the Jag shows where you are going and has these lines that move with the steering input but they are blooming useless to be honest.. You cannot see the rear bumper at all... One nil to Toyota then................

Can even gauge where yer towball is, min........stonkful job.........wan of my stars may be transferred to shcm at your pleasure.

Can even gauge where yer towball is, min........stonkful job.........wan of my stars may be transferred to shcm at your pleasure.

He certainly know his stuff Mate that's for sure and a very nice young fella for sure..

I do genuinely appreciate the help given by Liz,Mike and Andy... You just cant buy stuff like this... Incredible.

• Like 1

Only having the one mouth does give him a terrible drink problem, Charlie, but on more electronicky stuff, he took a condemned expensive 11 year old home CD player of mine, renewed bits, now sounds good as new. Brummeez are great folks, min.

• Like 1

Fantastic job... :)

Glad you found it useful...

• Like 1