Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4.4 - No Ski Hatch?!

Dippy

We just had a look at a Portuguese RAV4.4 this afternoon, and neither it, nor any other in the Toyota range had a ski hatch - half an armrest to fold down, but no gap behind it!

What's the point of that?!

Is it just us, or everywhere? I just went on the UK site and it didn't mention a ski hatch :(

(By the way, I added some countries' 4.4 options in the Model Range thread, if anyone is interested to see where you can get xenons etc...)

No it doesn't have a "ski hatch"

Bit of a pain for me, no I don't ski !!!! but I do a bit of night fishing, so to get my rods,rests,umbrellas etc. in, the whole seat has to come down.

Then it's a thing to remember to put them back up before I lock and leave the car to stop prying eyes seeing that I definitely DON'T have anything in the boot to break in for .

For anybody else who has this terrible and thus far unpublished dilemma that they cannae go skiing or poaching salmon under the cover of darkness, I know a tall thin chap in Scotlandland who has a pair of FIXED ROOF BARS bnib at a daft price. Please note the word BARS.......these urnae rails.

Note to Self.....check with PDS (Pie Disposal System) at Lindop........will this part number fit 4.4 Rav, or do all 4.4 Ravs come fitted with ROOF RAILS as standard.....?

For anybody else who has this terrible and thus far unpublished dilemma that they cannae go skiing or poaching salmon under the cover of darkness, I know a tall thin chap in Scotlandland who has a pair of FIXED ROOF BARS bnib at a daft price. Please note the word BARS.......these urnae rails.

Note to Self.....check with PDS (Pie Disposal System) at Lindop........will this part number fit 4.4 Rav, or do all 4.4 Ravs come fitted with ROOF RAILS as standard.....?

I seem to recall that the poverty spec models (esp 2WD) don't have roof rails.

• Like 1

Terribly judgmental, Jimbob.......nah, take away the "judg" bit....WTF is a 2WD Rav all aboot....?

PDS Indeed, :laughing: T'is a good job you're a distance apart, I have a feeling you would have more than your fair share of punctures were PDS residing North of the border !

Only the Invincible 4.4 comes with roof bars as standard, the genuine ones are a snip at £425 fitted from Mr T :o , £25.00 for the bars and £400 for the fitting ( Free coffee and muffin of your choice while you wait )

Terribly judgmental, Jimbob.......nah, take away the "judg" bit....WTF is a 2WD Rav all aboot....?

Being intentionally facetious. I've never understood how the marketing idiots came up with the whizzo idea of making the roof rails optional on a car like the RAV.

As for 2WD, might as well buy a Verso!

How many folks do we all think at some point bought a Rav, only to subsequently find oot it was only 2WD.......?

Possibly more relevant to the days when the 4.2 was being built, but......will anybody ever admit to such a fox's paw.....?

How many folks do we all think at some point bought a Rav, only to subsequently find oot it was only 2WD.......?

Possibly more relevant to the days when the 4.2 was being built, but......will anybody ever admit to such a fox's paw.....?

It would be interesting to know how many have fallen for that ! Maybe they won't find out until it snows ! :blushing:

From what I can establish there around 450 4.3 2WD's floating about and a similar number of 4.4's which surprised me to say the least.

Hondas CRV and Mazdas CX5 have a 2wd option, even Land Rover now cobble together a 2wd Freelander and Evoque, this does make sense as there's less to fall off.

No roof rails on any of the Portuguese models it seems :(

They took my spec to value it, and observed that it had a few extras they weren't expecting, like roof rails. I said, yes and a sunroof; it's a Spanish model as you lot refused to sell me one with a sunroof!

Ok so no ski hatch in Europe, damn. I also don't transport skis but very useful for long bits of wood etc. I wonder what is underneath and whether one could somehow be retrofitted?

By the way, anyone know if 4.3 roof rails will fit a 4.4? If so they're coming straight off mine at trade in!

Being intentionally facetious. I've never understood how the marketing idiots came up with the whizzo idea of making the roof rails optional on a car like the RAV.

Have to say, fully agree. First thing I did with my RAV was to arrange roof rails to be fitted by time I collected it.... And I was following BKs motor this afternoon and was actually thinking that without the Rails that were fitted, the RAVs looks would be spoiled and would be much more MPV then SUV

You stalking me, Hoovie min.......? Trying to steal ma caur......?