Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Tried These Non Oem Sidesteps ?

dave.m

A fellow member did indeed fit these couple of years back, Dave, and I do remember he subsequently deserted the Rav ranks.

Name......? Gubber it......cannae mind min.......sorry.

Think I'd want to see the bracket arrangement before commiting - the Toyota bracket system is like Irn Bru - made from girders..........

• Like 1

I was looking at those but think they have six mounting brackets three each side. Also need to know if they will fit with mudflaps in place.

An alternative may be these

http://www.formula4.co.uk/toyota-rav4-mk6-2010-style-2-aluminium-side-steps

There are other more chunky steps on the above site as well.

Think I'd want to see the bracket arrangement before commiting - the Toyota bracket system is like Irn Bru - made from girders..........

I am guessing they will be a similar arrangements to the OEM ones, or the collapsible/captive nut type. Having fitted both In the past (the latter on a set of steps on an SUV a few years back the make of which

I can't mention on here) I would say both systems work fine Dave.

I was looking at those but think they have six mounting brackets three each side. Also need to know if they will fit with mudflaps in place.

An alternative may be these

http://www.formula4.co.uk/toyota-rav4-mk6-2010-style-2-aluminium-side-steps

There are other more chunky steps on the above site as well.

Yep, had a look at these, and a few others. If I am being honest I actually prefer Toyota premium ones, but they

are a tad expensive. A word of caution if you are thinking of buying the formula4 type. They are very similar

to the older extruded ally ones that Toyota sold for the earlier 4.3's. I fitted a set of these to my last 4.3 and they are

VERY heavy. It's like having another adult in your Rav permanently. May be worth enquiring about the actual weight.

• Like 1

A point of goodness from our redisent metallurgistic one.....I was totally gobsmacked at the weight of the wee SHORTER sidesteps that I got to go on wife's 3 door Rav.