Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.0 1Az-Fse Hesitating When Accelerating

Berci

Dear Members,

I wonder if anyone can help me with the following issue:

I have an Avensis (2000ccm 1AZ-FSE 110kw benzin engine, built in 2000).

The problem is, when I accelerate btw 2000 and 3000rpm the car is hesitating, not really accelerating. (The gear is indifferent) As soon as the engine reaches 3200rpm it starts and accelerating, as if it were a turbo engine. In spite of it I have to say, that a car with 110kw should go much better, so I really lack all the 110kw.

I already replaced the filters, the spark plugs, but there is no change.

According to the computer everything is fine, no error code.

Does anybody have any idea what to check?

Thanks a lot,

Albert

Alberts engine does not have EGR. It does have PCV and because it is a vvti, the oil needs to good quality and at the right level.

As this engine is direct injection, it has high pressure fuel injection.

Make sure the throttle is not sticking. Check all vacuum pipes.

At stand still in neutral, does the engine exhibit the same behaviour?

May be things need cleaning.

I'm still unsure if the 1az-fse has got an egr or not? I have seen egr valves advertised for sale on eBay in the past claiming they are for this engine.

Mo

Hi,

Finally we have the solutions:

The mechanic took the engine apart, and we realized, that the suction valves were really dirty (sorry for my English) and the engine could not get enough fuel. But by the time he realized this mistake he checked the whole engine, and determined, that all other parts are in a perfect condition :-) So some good news compensate the bad news and the repair bill.

Thanks for the answers!

Albert

You mean the intake valves, right? I have heard that this can be a problem on engines with direct injection. By the way: Does anyone know if it is possible to inspect the intake valves without pulling the cylinder head off? And what kind of instrument one needs?

Yes, I meant the intake valves.

I do not know how the guy checked it, but when he showed me he used a torch, and a mirror to show me the valves, and they were very hard to see. (I saw something, but I rather believed him that this is the problem)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links