Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Any Or All Advice On Sr180 Greatfully Recieved.

Motto

Well Hi again all again.

Can I start by saying a BIG THANKYOU to one and all, and especially Big Kev. Kev Drove all the way down from his secret 'Rav Cave' somewhere north of Glasgow just to have a look. It confirmed my suspicions about the price, but also allayed fears that the engine shows signs of the dreaded lurgi.

So, I have sort of reversed my way into the Rav Club, perhaps not the 'exact' car I would go for, but it gets me in the ladder, and as I said to Kev, I discovered that someone that I trust has put himself 'out of his way' to help based on my initial decision 'to go for it' and as a matter of principle, I'm going through with it.

Yes I'm going for that car, and finding you guys out there is a significant part of making that step more assured!

Down sides:

• I'm not sure that 180hp matches my slow style of driving, or that the Mpg is a wise move, but I'm on the ladder!.
  • I'm giving up that large roomy spacious Scenic with all those storage spaces,
  • Bye bye automatic handbrake!
  • RunFlats! What!!! Noooo!

Upsides:

• Better build quality, (Kevin assures me I'll get hooked)
  • Luxuries like Sunroof, Cruise Control, Dual Zone Climate Control to settle arguments :-D
  • Confidence on Northern winter roads,
  • Windows that don't rattle, brakes that don't squeal, timing belts... all of which are expensive to repair on a scenic.
  • Nice colour

Commitments:

• To learn to wash the Darn Car! (Kev did not see my current car, but when he pulled up in his I was utterly in awe and embarrassed at the state of my paintowork.
  • To not put 'supermarket fuel' in the car! Going to be hard to find places up north that sell 'the good stuff' at 10pm on a Sunday night)

I never saw a renault community that were in awe of their cars, Toyota is a real eye opener.

I'll bid you all a goodnight and end with a THANKS!

• Like 2

The Protection Pack should have rear parking sensors, bodyside mouldings and corner protectors on the bumpers.

The double locking should operate when the remote button is pressed twice.

The cruise control stalk should be on the right of the steering column - the photo shows it on the left, and as 'uniquestar' says, is upside down.

Does it have a separate button by the door mirror control, for folding the mirrors?

Well spotted!

Yes, there is a little button to the right of the <L and R> buttons that select which mirror is to be adjusted.

I can confirm that it has the nice front bumper protection, but not the full style pack.

Thanks for letting me know where to look.

See what you started young Motto. We are quite capable of talking you to death even before you bought the blooming thing - just wait until after. The good news is that Kev always gives a free 7 year warranty when he vets a car. It excludes wheelie bins and side repeater lenses but everything else is covered.

Charlie. These electric sunroofs are very expensive but this company is clearing them. It isn't quite a factory fitted but as near as can be retro fitted. If you buy one you can have it fitted when you find an SR. OR you can do it yourself if you have the courage to take a jig saw to your roof!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190905795706?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

First press of the locking button locks the car.. Second operates the deadlocks. Third disarms the interior ultrasonic s if have say a dog inside..... Run Flats ? What are they ?.....................

Thanks CharlieFarlie,

Big Kev verified this.... I wasn't pressing it right, I was too quick I think.

I didn't know about the ultrasonic! Now I'll have to sit in the car and lock it to test this.... Build me a fridge big enough to sit in and I probably would empirically verify the Lux levels with the door closed.

Yep......no spray out of heider tank, nice pink clean watter, no marks under engine cover from leaks, good all round nick, but needing stuff done OVER A PERIOD to get it back fully on course. Engine sounded no noisier than mine even when cold, but good service history leaves it with 2 years minimum of Goodwillie Warranty.

Will be seeking Anchorial advice on the "brake problem that never was"....... there is as much far king brake pad material adhered to the DISCS as there is on the pads themselves.....mileage 28k......Tom, please report back on few first drives......is there any brake pedal vibrational feedback? If there is, it would maybe be too late to fit more abrasive pads to clean these bowfers.....?

Welcome abroad, Tom. What you witnessed today was in the main what I have learned on here......pretty bad, eh.....? LOL.

• Like 1

Don I have nearly 41 years experience with roofs.... Do you think it will help ?

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Tom, All this help and info within twenty four hours, including BK making a dash across Glasgow. T'is a great forum for sure. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Tom, All this help and info within twenty four hours, including BK making a dash across Glasgow. T'is a great forum for sure. :thumbsup:

CUTTING a dash, Paul.........

Don I have nearly 41 years experience with roofs.... Do you think it will help ?

Well you could always drop a Velux in Charlie................................

Did you take the Rav Kev or did you arrive on a White Charger ? :horse:

Yerrrrrrr a nice conservation Velux with a posh leccy blind would do nicely David ...

• Like 1

Did you take the Rav Kev or did you arrive on a White Charger ? :horse:

Is that no a cheap ENGLISH cider, min......?

I suppose you could always lead flash round it if you get the measurement wrong!!!

I suppose you could always lead flash round it if you get the measurement wrong!!!

Nah just fill it with compo............

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links