Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Many Miles Do You Get Out Of Your Diesel Avensis Tourer Tank

Nightstalker

Hey all...

Could I please grab the attention of all you Diesel drivers oot there who've got an Avensis Tourer, beit the 2.0ltr or 2.2 or the 2.2 DCAT variant...

I'm currently still driving my 09 2.0ltr petrol semi auto tourer and am looking at trading it in for a Diesel.

Not sure what engine I want to go for as of yet, hence the question...

I dont want to know what the MPG is as I dont really go by those figures. Could you please let me know what engine size you have, if its a manual or semi auto and how many miles you get out of a tank and what the damage is to the pocket to fill the tank.

For example, my petrol Vensis I get around 400miles out of my tank on my way down from Scotland, on the way back up I'm lucky to get between 320 and 360, that's pretty much with cruise control enabled sitting at 70mph with the occasional 80 for overtaking.

My milage drops quite badly when it comes to town driving... I dont tend to get much more than 270 miles out of the tank.

To fill my tank its around the £65 mark./

So... now over to you. I'm looking forward to this one, I know that diesels come into their own on longer drives, but I'm hoping that the milage on town driving might be better than what I'm currently getting in my petrol.

Regards

Rob

:thumbsup:

Hi Rob

I've got a 2.0L 2005 Diesel estate - I drive a pretty consistent 2000 miles/month mostly on m-ways and dual carriageways, if I thrash the car (85 - 95mph) my mpg drops to around 45 but on steady drives (70 - 85 mph on open road and approx 60mph averaged) I am getting around 50 mpg (reported) - my tankful lasts just about 500 miles. I don't tend to "top out" up to the brim I stop filling soon as the pump clicks. I like to think that, although I drive quite fast I am fairly progressive and try to avoid excessive acceleration and deceleration. 50 MPG and group 7 insurance coupled with Toyota reliability seems like very cheap motoring to me. My last car was a 1.8 petrol Passat which cost me a lot more to run and maintain.

Hope that helps

Julian

Cheers Julian,

Im looking at the newer Tourer, and possibly automatic again (I've become used to it now )

The only current diesel auto that you can get an Avensis with is the 2.2 D-CAT which is a relatively thirsty beast - I don't think that you'll see much difference from your petrol 2.0 CVT.

• 1 month later...

I have a March 2013 2.0 litre diesel Avensis T2 Tourer with 18,000 miles on it.

Last week, I was in Scotland.

I filled the car in Dundee at Tesco, I drove back to Lincolnshire that day. Later in the week, I drove to Northamptonshire and back.

I filled tha car on Saturday in Lincoln at Tesco as my fuel gauge was on 1 bar and it said it had 80 miles range left.

I managed to get 46.71 litres in before it was full after the pump clicking a few times.

In summary, I had driven 600 miles on 46.71 litres, total time driving 11 hours and 52 minutes.

I worked it out at 58.39 mpg with an average speed of 50.5 mph.

I stick to the speed limits because there are too many cameras, I passed 3 police camera vans on bridges in 1 day between Dundee and Carlisle.

Hi - Dont buy a 2.2 D-Cat auto if you want economy - Mine does about 32mpg around town - and 41 mpg on a run- performance is ok though

Supermarket fuels!!! Ouch... 😢

If you want to get better food for your car and get more mpg! Use a branded fuel with a good additive package! She'll V-Power cost a bit more! But you'll get more miles per gallon out if it with it's double additive semi- synth gas to liquid formula.

Don't take my word for it! Try it yourself and see! Better performance and a quieter engine. 🚜💨😷😊

Why rely on the range? It is not a level playing field hence your wild varience between going and coming back on a journey. Much better to do the fill to fill exercise and work out the actual MPG. If you get a different model you may well have a different tank size so the range figure is meaningless, you cannot compare chalk and cheese

Kingo :thumbsup:

Mistermana. Supermarket fuels, I don't think there's anything wrong with them.

As for the brand that you allude to in your post, I stopped using that brand 4 years ago and will not buy that brand again, why?

I was in that company's drivers rewards scheme, some reward points had not been credited to my account due to a problem with the petrol station terminal, I contacted the company's rewards department who told me by e-mail 3 times that they had credited the points to my account when thay hadn't, putting it simply, they lied to me. They eventually credited the points to my account, but too late, I decided I didn't want to be a customer of a company that had blatantly lied to me. In the 4 years since, I have spent £16,380 on diesel fuel, all at supermarkets.

Parts-King. I don't know if your question "Why rely on range?" was aimed at my post. I don't rely on the range on my car's trip computer, I go by the number of bars on the gauge (the figure indicated on the trip computer as the range is incidental), I figure that when I am down to the last bar, it's time to fill up, because I don't want to risk running out or stirring up any solids that may have settled on the bottom of my fuel tank.

Talking of long term, I record all the fuel I put in my car.

My 2009 Avensis D4D 2.0 tourer averaged 55.77 mpg over 149,718 miles.

My current Avensis D4D 2.0 tourer is averaging 54.94 mpg over 17,937 miles, not properly run in yet.