Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anti Hijack Interior Switch

babaroga

People

According to 2009 brochure there is an Anti Hijack Interior Switch fitted as standard on 2009 XTR AWD ! I have not seen such thing in my car - please enlighten me !

sasha

Switch that locks all doors located on driver's door.......? Beside lekky window switches......how dramaticised....."anti hi-jack"..........

Switch that locks all doors located on driver's door.......? Beside lekky window switches......how dramaticised....."anti hi-jack"..........

That's fine as long as his name is jack but what if you want to say Hi to Fred or Hamish??

There'll be armour plating on the options list next.................

It is a daft arrangement when anyone can walk to the car and open the boot or any door and walk away with your stuff while you are wondering what is going on. I prefer 2 stage unlocking or drive away locking.

Can't imagine a bunch of masked men bursting in and saying "take me to Libya". I would call them anti hoodie locks but that is probably impinging on somebodys human rights. The proper name is actually "low life scum sucking @rsehole cretin" (noun).

It is a daft arrangement when anyone can walk to the car and open the boot or any door and walk away with your stuff while you are wondering what is going on. I prefer 2 stage unlocking or drive away locking.

Can't imagine a bunch of masked men bursting in and saying "take me to Libya". I would call them anti hoodie locks but that is probably impinging on somebodys human rights. The proper name is actually "low life scum sucking @rsehole cretin" (noun).

Come on. Say what you really think, Don.

On a serious note however, I programmed my previous 4.2 for drive-away door locking as I'd had it on a previous car & thought it was useful. However i gave a female colleague a lift shortly afterwards and it really freaked her out when the locks engaged as we drove off. Apart from the fact that shed feel trapped if there was an accident (despite reassurance that the system unlocks in that event) she reckoned it was a godsend for rapists and the like.

Strange but true.....

Well - is that not owners of 5 door cars risk? That and the fact they go so slow (the cars not the High Jacks)

...........so ye dropped her at the bus stop, Jim...........? Wife had a Merc which did this......we both loved it.

There is a thread in the US forum where somebody has fashioned a pulse generator to lock the doors on putting it in drive.

We know a clever little black country boffin who could do that Kev.

• Like 1

I suppose a transponder could be fitted and, in the event of a hijack, the driver could squawk 7500 like planes do. Only problem with that is you might end up on the wrong end of a Brimstone missile from a Typhoon :eek:

If ma Mammy's sister got kidnapped, is that Anti Hijack.......?

• Like 1

I read Kev's comment wrong, thought he liked the fact that he had a Merc that would drop his wife at the bus stop :)

What makes you think that you read it wrong?

Anti Hijack Interior Switch - that is just stupid naming have to say. Thanks

• Like 1

Ahaha, okay, I was getting a bit worried there; I thought this topic was going to be about fitting one of those under-chassis carjacker deterrent flamethrowers that were doing the rounds in south african countries a decade ago to a RAV :lol: