Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auxiliary Belts?

DominicPriestley

60k service time in the next few weeks. Already got prices from Kingo on parts I need, but got to wondering about the auxiliary belts. When to change?

The list is a fair size already so I was wondering if the belt change is now or later or do Toyota just go on 'condition'. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to changing things before failure etc (comes from work).

60k is probably not a bad demarkation but they can achieve astonishing mileages if the pulleys are in good condition. My little Sirion is only 14k but at 5 years I will probably do it on the next service for what it costs. Never done one on a RAV 4.3 so no idea if it is a struggle or not.

60k is probably not a bad demarkation but they can achieve astonishing mileages if the pulleys are in good condition. My little Sirion is only 14k but at 5 years I will probably do it on the next service for what it costs. Never done one on a RAV 4.3 so no idea if it is a struggle or not.

I changed the serpentine belt on our 3-dr 4.2 at the 50K service after having suffered a breakage on the road on the 5-dr. The whole recovery & replacement process was a 3-day pain in the a55 despite Club Toyota and a free hire car. I decided that once was enough so routine replacement was more cost-effective.

Is that a55 a road in That England, Jamesy.....?

Don't know how difficult it is on a 4.3, but let shcm and Anchorwoose change the very belt on wife's 3 door 4.2 due not so much to mileage, but 8 year vintage at time of changing. Apart from learning words that were obviously used to frighten my ancestors whilst stealing their land, I was genuinely concerned that somebody with forearms like Popeye needed somebody else (2 man joab....) whilst belt was stretched to where it had to go.

Old belt condition.....? Wee bit cracked but stunningly good considerful.

DeePee....have a mate handy, but yeah......change the snakey belt.

Don't know how difficult it is on a 4.3, but let shcm and Anchorwoose change the very belt on wife's 3 door 4.2 due not so much to mileage, but 8 year vintage at time of changing. Apart from learning words that were obviously used to frighten my ancestors whilst stealing their land, I was genuinely concerned that somebody with forearms like Popeye needed somebody else (2 man joab....) whilst belt was stretched to where it had to go.

Old belt condition.....? Wee bit cracked but stunningly good considerful.

DeePee....have a mate handy, but yeah......change the snakey belt.

No, it's a saddo attempt to fool the cuss filter!

Now . . .Kev, we all know (we that's We down here) that that there A55 is in that there Wales

Yeah Tony but Wales is another county of England just like Scotland is. I'm quite happy to have a crocodile infested moat around both if they think they can manage without us..............

............incoming ;-)

......sumfin fishy about Salmond.......

The belt running my alternator and power steering breaks occasionally on number 1 due to inertia and the g-force. Its a hybrid belt not of any Toyota make but the garage chaps have a note of what belt to buy in so the jobs done real quick. Maybe something to do with the engine spinning at 8500rpm ?

I will probably get one and do it. It do fiddly belt changes at work on a regular basis. I'll do a write-up if poss.

A big service coming up then...

Oil,filters, etc

New front discs and pads

2 new front tyres

New belt.

Duh

why are you fitting new front discs? Can't be worn enough yet surely? Or is it the weight of those 5 doors wearing out the stopping equipment?

They have a bit of a lip on them. Not measured them but I will change them anyway. Im happy with 60k out of them and for what they cost its not too big an outlay. The 4 shocks I had to put on a few months ago was a bigger outlay in both cost and time.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links