Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery Charging

I've done it with the Battery connected. When you start taking the Battery out, all sorts of weird and wonderful things happen.

BTW, why do you need to charge a Battery on a 12 plate RAV? Is it that the battery is draining due to monitoring whether all thosedoors are shut properly? :lol:

I've done it with the battery connected. When you start taking the battery out, all sorts of weird and wonderful things happen.

BTW, why do you need to charge a battery on a 12 plate RAV? Is it that the battery is draining due to monitoring whether all thosedoors are shut properly? :lol:

I've connected an Optimate conditioner to the Battery without disconnecting it with no probs. In fact my bike has a hard-wired connection that is plugged into the charger all the time it's in the garage. Bike batteries last for donkey's years as a result.

I've connected an Optimate conditioner to the battery without disconnecting it with no probs. In fact my bike has a hard-wired connection that is plugged into the charger all the time it's in the garage. Bike batteries last for donkey's years as a result.

That is what made me consider it :) I have a Triumph in the garage that is likely to go on charge for the next 3 or 4 months via an Optimate charger and a Powerlet socket.

I don't expect to have to do it with the Rav but I tend to drive it a lot less than I used to, and could be useful to keep the Battery topped up during the colder months.

Gus

I've connected an Optimate conditioner to the battery without disconnecting it with no probs. In fact my bike has a hard-wired connection that is plugged into the charger all the time it's in the garage. Bike batteries last for donkey's years as a result.

That is what made me consider it :) I have a Triumph in the garage that is likely to go on charge for the next 3 or 4 months via an Optimate charger and a Powerlet socket.

I don't expect to have to do it with the Rav but I tend to drive it a lot less than I used to, and could be useful to keep the Battery topped up during the colder months.

Gus

Sounds like a plan. Can't do any harm.

It might be worth checking if your conditioner supplier does one of those connectors that plugs into the cigar lighter socket rather than wiring a plug/socket to the Battery and having to open the bonnet every time.