Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Blue Temperature Gauge

Woosy

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and hope you can help me - I took ownership a 2011 Verso 2.0 D-4D TR 5-Dr this week. I have a question which I cannot understand from the manual. When I start the engine I get a blue temperature gauge light come on in the rev counter,(low engine coolant temperature light) after a few minutes it goes out - is this supposed to happen or should it stay on - I feel sure that when I test drove the vehicle and then drove it home on Monday the gauge stayed blue all the time (though it might just be my imagination). I have never not had a temperature dial in my car and just find it a bit disconcerting that there is nothing more visual. The car came from a Lancaster dealership so all fluids etc should have been fully checked. Do I only need to panic if the same light comes on but in red (high engine coolant temperature light).

Many thanks for any assistance.

• Like 1

The blue light means engine cold, take it easy. Light out means normal running temperature, off you go. Red means overheat, stop now!

• Like 1

Agree with Peterkin. I had the same experience - I was a bit concerned at first about the blue light - but soon figured out it was no problem. It should stay on for a few minutes until the engine warms up. Mine stays on a bit longer in winter than it does in summer.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links