Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Drivers Window Fault

stevecrvn

I currently have problem with the driver’s door window on my 2005 Yaris d4d in that when it lowers
it is dropping lower in the front than the rear of the door so this makes the glass twist out of line.

• Can anyone please advise the possible cause of the problem and what will need to be
    done to solve / repair it.?
  • Is the window regulator , motor and runners the same on Japanese built Yaris as French build one?

Thanks

Steve

My old 3-door 2003-plate D4D Yaris Mk1 didn't do this, but my 5-door 2004-plate D4D Yaris Mk1 does! :unsure:

We had the same on our first generation Mazda 2 - something to do with the runners.

##Update ##

Removed the door panel and found the the u shaped plastic that locates the rear arm on the window regulator to the glass and cracked and the glass had come loose.

I removed the plastic u bracket drilled a hole in the bracket to locate a m6 bolt and 2 large washers to repair clamping the glass inbetween the u shape of the bracket on car repalced and now works fine

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 10/12/2013 at 1:40 PM, stevecrvn said:

##Update ##

Removed the door panel and found the the u shaped plastic that locates the rear arm on the window regulator to the glass and cracked and the glass had come loose.

I removed the plastic u bracket drilled a hole in the bracket to locate a m6 bolt and 2 large washers to repair clamping the glass inbetween the u shape of the bracket on car repalced and now works fine

Any tips on how to do this mate? My front window does not come down wit the regulator but the electrics work son when i press down the regulator comes down but the window doesn't then the glass just drops down? Any ideas on a fix?

15 hours ago, Nick7 said:

Any tips on how to do this mate? My front window does not come down wit the regulator but the electrics work son when i press down the regulator comes down but the window doesn't then the glass just drops down? Any ideas on a fix?

It sounds like the same problem I had . hope this helps but  not a  very technical description  i'm afraid

image.thumb.png.793af20bd0d7a397d4cc798ed513f230.pngimage.thumb.png.3a41cc31849443c38caaf00220bca8bb.png

image.png.4d8d5ebed6d6a42ca39c3385f6a7d8d1.png

4 hours ago, stevecrvn said:

It sounds like the same problem I had . hope this helps but  not a  very technical description  i'm afraid

image.thumb.png.793af20bd0d7a397d4cc798ed513f230.pngimage.thumb.png.3a41cc31849443c38caaf00220bca8bb.png

image.png.4d8d5ebed6d6a42ca39c3385f6a7d8d1.png

Thanks for that mate. Now i finally know what is actually under the front window glass and what the clip looks like and what i need to do. I have been putting this job off for the last couple of months because i didn't feel comfortable taking the door card off without knowing what i needed to do. I understand your fix with the m6 bolts which i could buy.

My only question now is how do i get to the clips? Do i just need to remove the door card or do i need to take off the metal panel behind the door card? Do i need to unbolt the whole window out of the regulator and take it out of the door to do this fix?

4 hours ago, Nick7 said:

Thanks for that mate. Now i finally know what is actually under the front window glass and what the clip looks like and what i need to do. I have been putting this job off for the last couple of months because i didn't feel comfortable taking the door card off without knowing what i needed to do. I understand your fix with the m6 bolts which i could buy.

My only question now is how do i get to the clips? Do i just need to remove the door card or do i need to take off the metal panel behind the door card? Do i need to unbolt the whole window out of the regulator and take it out of the door to do this fix?

Take off the door card and reconnect the electric window switch . lower the window and the regulator arms can be  seen there is no need the remove the regulator only unbolt the clip of the arm

9 minutes ago, stevecrvn said:

Take off the door card and reconnect the electric window switch . lower the window and the regulator arms can be  seen there is no need the remove the regulator only unbolt the clip of the arm

Ok Steve fantastic. Will try that out after buying some m6 nuts and bolts and finding the right size drill bit. Will probably need to apply the fix to both plastic clips. Will let u know how it goes.