Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No No No No Noooooooooooooooo

jaxx

the worst night of my life...............

last night on the way home from a friends birthday at near 2:30 in the morning i decided to negotiate a staggered crossroads without the necessary actions to actually drive round it!

basically i locked up and slammed into the kirb and went across the grass verge! missing signposts and ditches by inches! luckily!

damage conceived is, crumpled drivers side wing, broken bumper, broken headlamp, one totally destroyed alloy wheel and some worrying suspension damage. gotta check it all out properly later but it dont look good :(

whilst this all happened i actually managed to 'loose' my moby in the car! thinkin i had lost it somehwere else at some point until i heard the alarm going off just as i got home!

i was stranded at the side of the road spinning out on what to do and managed to flag a passing car, just happens to be a copper just finishing his shift!

offers to call me some assistance and within 10mins i had an Omega and T5 sat with me! made me do the breath test which i passed with flying colours and then the kind chaps helpfully arranged me some recovery assistance. (big up to the derbyshire police me says! :thumbsup: )

recovery was expected to be an hour and a half! :blink:

sod it i think and turn the engine and heater on and get my head down for a bit.

15mins later tow truck turns up! good ol RAC you did me proud aswell! :thumbsup:

when i get home from work i will asses the full damage and get a few piccys, unfortunately i left the alloy on the back of the tow truck(!) but believe me it was a RIGHT mess!

im sad and depressed and need a hug :(

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jaxx

• knightrider

• Chuck04

• SuperRetard

d'oh!

you fully comp?

got protected NCB?

You might have to work out which one's cheaper...

1) A claim with blown up insurance rates for 5 years

2) fix it yerself on t'cheap...

:(

workin on it....

bumper - easy fix

got another wing

may aswell get some morettes!

alloy - £90 - full respray approx £150

dunno if i need a new koni shock yet? and whatever else is bent!

fully comp yes, but insurance is a last chance stand with me. only if it starts to total more than £500 to sort....

rob so sorry to hear that m8 :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

i suppose the only thing you can be thankful for is that you didn't roll after hitting the kerb hard! Once these little cars roll they're pretty much written off.

and if you can sort it for £500... you've had a fairly lucky escape! :o

Keep us updated m8y :group-cuddles: :group-cuddles: :group-cuddles:

sam :eek:

Could of been worse, i suppose :huh:

But still, very nice car :o

Glad your ok and it seems like you know exactly what needs to be done!

You not bought a spare alloy??

You seen the size of the ****ty spare in the boot :blink: i know it obviously wont fit your car now coz u have big alloys on, but i hadta use the spare the other day since i got a sidewall puncture :ffs: the tyre was only 5days old :censor:

Anyways, dont fancy using that thin piece of **** again!! :wacko:

ohhhhhh :(

rob.. i hope YOURE ok too (were all asking bout the car but we mean u as well)...

the most important thing is to remember it COULD be worse.. but its not!

anyway i think that in a week or so both u and your "baby" will be fully recovered and forget it all happened :)

@sam - thanks mate youll all be infomed of the progress dont worry!

@breezer - yeah i had to fit it to make it mobile, the alloy was totally trashed! no room to put a hooj 17 in place of it unfortunately!

@eternity - thanks for asking mate, im perfectly ok, bar the mental scaring! hopefully well be both be back together soon!

it is a notorious junction and even with that status its as well lit as a 40watt lightbulb in a powercut!.

it could have been much worse and i could have hit the signs or ended up in a feild! or as sam says i could have been on the roof! i think i was pretty lucky to be honest, i cant exactly recall the entry speed, didnt have chance to react to that measure! but it was way too quick!

:D hey i keep on smilin!

Whats the biggest size wheel u cud put in the boot instead of that awful thing?

I mite get sum 14" alloys :D theyre cheap on eBay and off a corrolla! I really want alloys, but cant be bothered to wait til afta me holiday in july for brand new spanking ones, so these will do until then i suppose!

No bids for them, only 24hrs left, hopefully no1 bids for them! B)

rob keep smilin as you sed if you need any help with sortin the car im happy to help

as they say a friend ineed is a friend indeed

rob keep smilin as you sed if you need any help with sortin the car im happy to help

as they say a friend ineed is a friend indeed

cheers my friend, much appreciated!

:thumbsup:

my mate did a similar thing and ended up between a lappost and a tree he car would of beeen a right off if he hit either (valued at 500quid)

and @ breezer this post is ot about your car lets stay on topic okay if you want to show off your eBay findings creat a new post,

:thumbsup:

Crikey, Im guessing you 100% fine - physically.

Glad the Po-lice where good, I found then to be excelent when I had my crash, they are proper sounds blokes!! (majority of)

Guessing you didnt have your lass in the car at the time, so no guilt/less worries at least.

Best wishes Rob and good luck with the car :huh::thumbsup:

:!Removed!: Good 2 see your alive and kickin rob hope all goes well on the rebuild :thumbsup:

Hey rob, sorry 2 hear about the damage mate, important thing is ur ok and u didnt write car off, somtimes these things can have positive outcomes, like u say, could b time to get ur new lights

keep us posted mate :thumbsup:

Rob , you plonka.

Bet you wont do that again :lol:

Glad you are OK and have a hug from me. :group-cuddles:

Ash. :thumbsup:

cheers dave/acemiko yes im in full working order if not a little headf***ked!

the boys in blue were great and a sound bunch at the end of the day, if you show a bit of respect they tend to show it back, as me old man says ''neva lie ta coppas son'' wise words! :D

and no the missus wasnt in the motor which was and wasnt a bonus i suppose!

im so tired now tho and cant wait to leave work! been awake since 2 this morn!

cheers chuck! crashes are always good excuses to 'improve' areas! :D

and thanks ash! i was wondering who was gonna offer a hug! and no i wont do it again! :(

oh! and im still keepin it yaris for the time bein!

i got me mums little red gs to potter around in........gotta get some alternative transport to suffice soon tho!

glad to here it mate, altho i guess bit of a step down from the t sport, could b worse, mate wrote off his 1.4 corsa sport.. hes now driving a proton :(

still a yaris tho! so thats a bonus.

mite have to purchase a banger for present commuting!

sorry to hear about your accident jaxx, hope you can get it fixed for a reasonble price, we need your car back up to spec to keep flying the yaris tuning flag........ :group-cuddles:

sorry to hear bout that rob hope you kept one of them eyebrows

for yourself,at least it will give you a chance to add couple of surprise

mods.i bet u wished u'd had them big brakes now rob!

good luck

kim

Bad luck, but I'm glad to hear that you're okay...

Alan

sorry to hear it mate, you know where i is if you need a hand with anything.....

:(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links