Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carrying 4 Bikes Without Using Roof?

nbennett1970

Hi - just got my 2012 Verso. Planned to get a tow bar fitted & carry all 4 family mountain bikes, but now discover that the max 'nose' weight on a Verso tow bar is 55kg - my bikes weigh a total of 65kg + 15kg for carrier = 80kg.

Started to look for rear carrier, but struggling to find one that will take 4 bikes (heavisest bike weighs 19kg) and fit a Verso safely (i.e. without hooking over spoiler)

I was hoping to avoid 4 bikes on the roof as it kills fuel economy and with the height of a Verso would be tricky.

My option at the moment looks like a tow bar & rear carrie for 2 bikes and 2 bikes on the roof - worst of both worlds!

Anyone else resolved this?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

maybe taking the front wheels off the small bike and placing them in the boot, if you have boos space for it? I dunno I used to do this on a old van

• 3 months later...

Sorry if this is obvious but although I haven't done this myself as yet I would imagine a trailer such as one of the bigger Erde would distribute the weight more evenly and bring the nose weight within the parameters you stated. Also you could save your back and have one with a ramp to wheel the bikes off.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links