Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heres A Different One For You All...pressure Washers

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

HI GIRLS N GUYS

I'm considering purchasing my first ever pressure washer, mainly for my washing my garden but then my Rolla too, although I always felt too much pressure on a cars paintwork may result in some damage, especially as mine has had a few re-sprays in its life sadly.

Any recommendations?

I'm thinking Karcher, seems a reputable brand, may be a K2 model, basic n cheap and does the job, OR should I be interested in all that "water cooled" VS "air cooled" polava???

Don't really want to fork out more than $100 bucks, those K3,4,5 are damn expensive for what they do!

Just watched a Karcher under-chasis cleaner...made me laugh...what next!

Sammy :cowboy:

I've got a Black and Decker one. I think it was about £60 in B&Q earlier this year. I think it might have a 2 year warranty. I just got it to clean up a red brick wall for selling the house. I won't be using it on the car.

I have a Bosch pressure washer - quite light and easy to move around - which has a shampoo bottle attachment. Occasional use on the cars. Not expensive.

Search online for the "Which" report as they did tests on them. Also go onto detailing world as those guys know there stuff. Nilfisk comes out very well with a lot of members! So I bought on with a snow lance.

Forum member Charliefarley is well up on this kinda stuff! I'd contact him as he will point you in the right direction...📋🚕👍

Hi Sam,

Have had a Nilfisk C120 for several years and its worked every spring when I get it out.

See MM are still doing them but now with more accessories in the package.http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/nilfisk-alto-c-120-6-6-pcad-x-tra-cold-water-c

One advantage is that you can easily return it to them if there is a problem.

As to using it on the car, when I got mine there was a car kit which was that plastic detergent bottle plus 2 jet nozzles, an angled one for under the car and another for the paint work, basically gentler than the standard power ones.

Thing is I have never used the car kit ! - just use the standard hose pipe and a bucket of shampoo.

Think for just one car its a lot of hassle getting it out , connecting it up etc, for 2 or more cars probably ok.

If I want to do the underside/ wheel arches etc I just go to the local diy jet wash and buy two goes and really give it a blast out there.

If you have looked under the car in the mot inspection pit you will be surprised how clean the underside really keeps and with the good wheel arch liners not much to worry about there.

unless the karcher has the metal pump/impellors which are on the more expensive models stay away from them. Get a Nilfisk

Alex

Hey thanks guys...really appreciate all your advice...decided on buying this one...any issues B&Q is only just a mile down the road and it seems to have excellent reviews and seems value for money:

http://www.diy.com/nav/garden/garden-power-tools/pressure-washers-sprayers/light_duty_pressure_washers/Karcher-K2-Home-and-Car-Pressure-Washer-12698606?skuId=13219311

Take care all.

:flowers::flowers: :flowers:

• 8 months later...

Yeah, get a Nilfisk, they use a metal pump instead of a plastic one a'la Karcher.