Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis 2.2 D4D Starts Then Switches Of?

Rbdett

Hi this problem started a few days ago I parked up & the car as running I got out then got back in few minutes later & it as of I thought nothing of it later on that day it did it again parked car up suddenly switched off I left it it was fine for few days then today I got in it drove it for about ,30 minutes then came to a stop I was waiting for someone & it suddenly switched off so I started it it was hesitating soon as I put my foot on acc so I rolled it down the road & fired it up it still struggled but started any revs over 2000 it was fine soon as I came to a stand still it switched off & now won't start .. can any give my any idea. ...?

I recently cleaned egr valve about 3 months ago it doesn't smoke white or black started up fine before this incident...

have any warning lights come on ? my T180 does this now and again really need to check error codes. but i have found disconneting Battery for couple of mins sorts out .

Hi it could be the transponder in the ignition key, if you have loads of keys etc. on your key ring it could effect the transponder code.

Try removing everything off key ring and just put key in ignition and see if that works.