Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rattling Noise From Cam Belt Area On D4D Eng

rob virgo

I noticed a rattling noise when the wife drove in the avens is yesterday,lifted bonnet and it appears to be coming from the cam belt area.goes when you rev eng,went out today to listen when cold and no noise,drove car a few miles and it's back,can come and go but always goes with revs.

With the help of the search I narrowed it to aux pumps so tried aircon load and no difference, clutch in out no difference bit when I swung steering while parked and held on lockstop the noise responded/got worse so assuming I have a dry bearing or similar in my p/s pump.

As it's an 04 with 220k I want to keep costs to a min so presume a recon pump is the best option or is a bearing replacement an option...????

Yes I think so too, mine was the same. Took it MR t they it's your air pump compressor £ 990 to fit & re gas . Got one off eBay for £ 320 , got it fitted for £95 including re gas ( brand new compressor ) 1 years guarantee .its been fine since then .post-131343-0-81554900-1381660554_thumb.

Edited by DOG7