Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie Model Choice

Stubod

Hi all,

I am looking to change my current car, a Skoda 2lt diesel. I have been put off another Skoda / diesel due to DPF problems and the like, and we don't do a lot of miles per year (less than 10,000).

I do not know anything about the Avensis, but I like the idea of Toyota reliability, and I also like the idea of an automatic.

Does anybody have any strong views on the 1.8 petrol Avensis?..particularly regarding any "known" problems...and also would it be OK to Tow a small caravan with this?

I would be looking at about 3 years old max, and sub 40k with a budget around 10-12k

Many thanks for any responses

Hi mate,judging by the amount of non complaint on here as regards the petrols i would say the 1.8 is more or less bullet proof unless an owner on here knows different. :drool:

The Private Hire people love them, for one main reason, they very very rarely go wrong, the petrol engine is excellent. Good luck with your purchase.

Post June 2010 you'll get a 5 year/100000 mile warranty.

About December 2011 they introduced the facelifted version (easily told by the different grille/headlights). There is a lot more than just cosmetic changes though so imo it's worth going for the facelift if you can & 10-12K should get you a facelift 1.8 TR which again imo is the best value version. Of course maybe there is something that you really, really want that isn't on a TR but a T4 etc. will cost you noticeably more.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links