Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Guess The Part

LeeADAB

Just a simple question I imagine.....What is this part I have noticed a few times and wondered what it is/does?

post-105906-0-23310400-1381746909_thumb.

Cheers,
Lee

Just a simple question I imagine.....What is this part I have noticed a few times and wondered what it is/does?

attachicon.gifpart.JPG

Cheers,

Lee

No idea without a wider shot to get a sense of where it is.

Very clean though. :thumbsup:

1st thought was an in line fuel filter! But it looks like a metal pipe going to it so maybe something to so with air con? 🚘

Left of the throttle body just behind the engine block......

Here's a wider shot.......

attachicon.gifPart1.jpg

Looks like a filter or maybe a valve? Taff may be near the mark re air-con.

By the way, do you realise that you've dropped your hankie in there on the other side of the TB?

I'm not familiar with the VVTi engine, however, an educated guess would suggest it's either a take off point for fuel/ air mixture diagnostics pre cat or a redundant connection utilised for some kind of emission ancillary in another market.

Where does the other end originate ? No doubt a VVTi Guru will be along shortly... :ermm:

Found it!! It is on the end of the fuel rail behind the engine and is a "fuel pulsation damper."

Not too interesting for most but I like to know what things do and how they work.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

http://injector-rehab.com/shop/fpd.html

Well, you learn something everyday. As a matter of interest, was there a prize if someone had guessed correctly? Presumably you've kept it this time.

This could be a new weekly Hot Topic for the forum - it would keep the mods busy for hours....

Could this be the start of a Regular Competition ? Could Points mean Prizes !?

Plod gave me nothing, and ah've got 6 points fgs....

LOL, it sounds like something in the same category as inlet air swirlers and magnetic fuel line polarizers :lol:

Its a spring loaded chamber that stops the fuel in the fuel rail from surging through low and high pressure. It happens as each injector draws off fuel and could result in injectors getting fuel at lower than the target pressure.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links