Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Member - Drl's

152bobby

They don't turn, they do what Hoovie says above and just mimic the indicators. The instructions are here;

led-fog-and-daytime-running-light-kit-ledfog101---installation-manual.pdf

However, I don't think they will fit a facelifted 4.3.5 - wait till you see the shape of the originals.

They are meant to fit, because the Rav4 is on Osram's list of compatible vehicles for these lights !!!

I noticed they said 2006 on but the earlier models don't have the longer bonnet and the angled lenses. Maybe they do a special or you have to just fit them as best as possible in the angled housing. Anyway I can show you how they look now.

You have to remove the bumper and there is one screw holds them in;

post-30983-0-52437900-1382206396_thumb.j

Its a funny looking thing with 2 brackets about 45mm from the back and 2 about 60mm.

post-30983-0-19959600-1382214649_thumb.j

The hole centres do seem to be about 100mm apart.

I took the opportunity to fit a pair of fiam wind tone horns at the same time;

post-30983-0-23938100-1382214784_thumb.j

There is acres of space unlike earlier models;

post-30983-0-15064000-1382214816_thumb.j

post-30983-0-70921100-1382215117_thumb.j

It looks ugly with the front off;

post-30983-0-76911100-1382214898_thumb.j

FFS MIN.......GET YURSELL SOME LEGO OR A MECCANO SET......,!!

• Like 1

FFS MIN.......GET YURSELL SOME LEGO OR A MECCANO SET......,!!

Funny you should say that...

I'm wonder sometimes, that Mr O'Hare thinks our cars are just giant Meccano sets.. :D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have some potentially good new for you chaps with facelifts (RAV4 facelifts that is), or those reluctant to spend hundreds on that Osram kit.

Have a look at this post i cam across on the VW T4/5 forum. Some clever bod adding DRL style LED rings to your existing Fog Lights, and they appear to be done very neatly

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=299674

Think the price is £50 for the pair (based on him getting your lights, modding them and sending them back).

EDIT: Actually, I think it maybe a kit he sends out, ready sized for the diameter of Foglight you have, plus wiring, etc.

• Like 2

Interesting..

Looked at the ones already done on the VW site..

I assume it fits behind the glass ?

I have some potentially good new for you chaps with facelifts (RAV4 facelifts that is), or those reluctant to spend hundreds on that Osram kit.

Have a look at this post i cam across on the VW T4/5 forum. Some clever bod adding DRL style LED rings to your existing Fog Lights, and they appear to be done very neatlyhttp://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=299674

Think the price is £50 for the pair (based on him getting your lights, modding them and sending them back).

EDIT: Actually, I think it maybe a kit he sends out, ready sized for the diameter of Foglight you have, plus wiring, etc.

Aye great Hoovie min.......that old chestnut..........wiring........I'm out..........LOL

Aye great Hoovie min.......that old chestnut..........wiring........I'm out..........LOL

Nip your motor down here with your valeting kit in the back, I'll do your wiring and then drink coffee while you give me a demo of your valeting skills :)

Have a look at this post i cam across on the VW T4/5 forum. Some clever bod adding DRL style LED rings to your existing Fog Lights, and they appear to be done very neatly

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=299674

Those guys are just around the corner from me . . . Literally . . .I know where I'm going tomorrow :D

Have a look at this post i cam across on the VW T4/5 forum. Some clever bod adding DRL style LED rings to your existing Fog Lights, and they appear to be done very neatlyhttp://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=299674

Those guys are just around the corner from me . . . Literally . . .I know where I'm going tomorrow :D
Tell 'em I sent you ;)

Actually, be good to see what this kit is about. The pics look great, then LEDs seem to be behind glass, but it is a DIY kit, so I am intrigued.

Gus.

Stay off aliexpress and allibaba, they seem to have some good kit for the Ravs.

I did find the kit you have mentioned a few weeks ago, but decided to go with the individual mini LEDs which I now have.

I think the kit you mention simply stick over the existing fog lights edges and you just connect up the wires...probably reliable and they look ok.

I'm a sucker for all that and willing to try all gadgets that make me even lazier whilst driving !!

.......I'm on those sites all the time 😄

Never managed to get anything from alibaba :( requested prices from various suppliers and never get replies. Interesting how often you see the gear that in the UK is labeled SEALEY and DRAPER, for example, sold under a generic name for so much less (bearing in mind not landed cost, of course)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links