Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.0 D4D Auxiliary Drive Belts.

jase hutch

Auxiliary drive belts !!! Am I right in believing it's false economy not to fit genuine Toyota belts ? I have recently replaced both belts with non genuine articles , although good branded makes I cannot stop belt squeal on the power steering belt ! Spraying water onto the inside of the belt stops the noise for only a short time before it returns so I'm resigned to fitting a pair of genuine belts which I've now ordered from Toyota !

Well , I've fitted the original Toyota drive belts and it runs quietly once again ! Fiddly job , but gets easier every time you do it ! I've now got it down to about twenty minutes to replace both belts !

• Like 1

Fiddly......? 20 minutes......? Jase......have just bought ye (you) the hoose (house) next door, mucker (mate).........

Flit ( move in) any time that sootshay ( is convenient......).

• Like 1

Fiddly......? 20 minutes......? Jase......have just bought ye (you) the hoose (house) next door, mucker (mate).........

Flit ( move in) any time that sootshay ( is convenient......).

Cripes could you imagine living next door to Mr OCD, he would always be on your case to clean your Rav, although if you left it long enough he may clean it to an inch of its life, you would keep finding bits missing, your wheelie bin could be anywhere within 30 miles.

Gus

He can't really be that bad can he ?

Worse, mate.......even ah hate living near me........

• Like 1

Hey Kev , I spoke to a real Scotsman today from Aberdeen and even he couldn't understand your lingo !

All members of the S.S. up there mate...".

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well I'm happy to report that after a month of running with the genuine articles it's still running as quiet as a mouse !!!

• Like 2

Jason, you have confused me, I presumed you changed the belts due to wear or was it time to do it due to age or distance, you have now put the original ones back on? Shouldn't you be replacing these sometime soon due to the original reason for changing them in the first place?

Gus

Gus , sorry for the confusion , I originally replaced the aux drive belts with non genuine belts but of good quality however after about a week on the new belts I was experiencing belt noise once again ! I tried everything but couldn't get it to stop so decided to take the plunge and buy a pair of genuine Toyota belts which I fitted and they have performed impeccably ! So the moral of this tale is : doesn't always pay to try to save money as it cost me more in the long run !!