Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good Tyres?

shazzy81

Hi everyone

I have a 2010 2 wheel drive rav4. I have owned it for 6 months and im finding the tyres to have rather poor grip in dry and wet! Previously had a 3 dr 4 wheel drive rav4 and had the uhp grabbers (I think they were called) but I wasn't overly impressed with them to be honest.

Can anyone recommend a really good tyre that grips in all conditions please?

Thanks

What tyres do you currently have - Geolanders?

I'm looking to change my tyres before winter and been thinking of getting Geolander SUV blue earth. Not sure if they're any good though. I currently have Bridgestone duelers.

Hi, Yokohama Geolander G91A's are a good tyre, they were a factory fit tyre along with Bridgestone Duellers on 2010 Rav's. I've had two Ravs with Geolanders, they give good grip in all weathers being an all season tyre as well as reasonable longevity. Obviously your current Rav won't have the grip of the 4wd 3 door. What tyres are currently fitted ?

• Like 1

Hi everyone

I have a 2010 2 wheel drive rav4. I have owned it for 6 months and im finding the tyres to have rather poor grip in dry and wet! Previously had a 3 dr 4 wheel drive rav4 and had the uhp grabbers (I think they were called) but I wasn't overly impressed with them to be honest.

Can anyone recommend a really good tyre that grips in all conditions please?

Thanks

We ran Duellers and Cooper CS4's on both of our previous 4.2's and can recommend both.

• 3 weeks later...

Never tried Contis but I can recommend Goodyear Efficient Grip SUV.

hi

I currently have geolanders on and im not overly impressed!! anyone used continental?

I have used Continental but only the winter contacts which are brilliant. If you're wanting an all season tyre IMHO you really can't better Geolanders.

• Like 3

Paul , hope the Geolandars are as good as you say as I've recently had four fitted to my rav , hoping they will be half decent in the snow.

Rav is the only car I have no experience of Contis on, but many company miles on them were superb all rounders.

Shaz is the first I have ever heard being negative on Geolanders........can only be attributed to two wheel drive difference.....?

• Like 2

Paul , hope the Geolandars are as good as you say as I've recently had four fitted to my rav , hoping they will be half decent in the snow.

I very much doubt you will be disappointed. Toyota wouldn't use them as O.E tyres on a vehicle as diverse as the Rav if they weren't fit for purpose.

• Like 2

Duelers on mine, new set fitted all round last year. They were awesome in the snow we had earlier this year! I wouldnt bother with winters either, the all terrains are fine for most of the UK!

• Like 1

Yeah , had duellers on a company Isuzu Trooper , good enough and coped well in the snow in only 2wd but I thought that the durability could have been better ! I went for the Geolandars on the strength of favourable reviews and the aggressive looking tread ! A mate at work has a set on his Hyundai ix 35 and with his heavy driving they show little wear after 20,000 miles !

I found the Geolanders ok all rounders. They are not a performance tyre though which is why I switch out to road tyres. Same with the Duellers. Can't wait for them to ware out. Universal problem with all '4x4' tyres is they are bad on under steer.

• Like 1

I have read elsewhere that people weren't happy with the original fit geolanders. Not sure its a 4wd to 2wd difference as I bought an auris in 2011 and had that for 2 years but the tug of the rav4 won!!

Very happy with my Geolanders - 30000 miles and plenty of tread and grip.

David

• Like 1

Happy with my G91As . . . Stick like !Removed! Wet Road, 8C, 85 degree corner right, at 50MPH . . . . Like it's on rails . . .bit of body lean though

. . .. OK so it was a sweeping right hander but even so

I found the Geolanders ok all rounders. They are not a performance tyre though which is why I switch out to road tyres. Same with the Duellers. Can't wait for them to ware out. Universal problem with all '4x4' tyres is they are bad on under steer.

You should try four wheel drifts in an LC4 on Dunlop Grandtreks. Now that is buttock clenching fun!

Try tightening your seatbelt Tony...................

• Like 1

My Geolandars are GO12's ! Does anyone know how these compare with the previous generation Geolandars ?

My Geolandars are GO12's ! Does anyone know how these compare with the previous generation Geolandars ?

Only that the G012 is a summer grade tyre suitable for rough terrain.

• Like 1

In other words mind how ye go, Jase......summer tyres are not great for cold weather, but driver adjustment is the biggest safety contributor. If you can see yer way, winter tyres are utterly superb, but long term you would do well to look at all weather bootees for yer wean.

• Like 1

Thanks Paul and Kev , first 4wd I've owned and I've never considered winter tyres before now ! Maybe it's something I should consider. These boots should be reasonable in the snow though if we get any down here shouldn't they ?

Thanks Paul and Kev , first 4wd I've owned and I've never considered winter tyres before now ! Maybe it's something I should consider. These boots should be reasonable in the snow though if we get any down here shouldn't they ?

Yoolby fine, Jase......just adjust just a wee bit. If your tyres ARE indeed of the summer variety, they will tend to harden up slightly in the cold, so be aware. If you do get any snow down there in Sauceshire, you will be astounded how good yer wee Rav is.

• Like 1

Look forward to a dusting then , haven't even tried it off road yet , don't want to get it dirty !