Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mpg

dave5282

Just a quick question as I'm really curious, (and looking for more justification to why I need a 2)

So,

What mpg are your cars returning, ie standard extra urban driving. and around town etc

Cheers Guys :thumbsup:

About 20-22. :lol:

I do alot of motorway driving and alot of that is flat out in fifth (or as flat out as I can get before hitting the limiter).

And when I'm not in 5th then it's at about 6000RPM in 4th making peoples ears bleed when I fly past 'em. :unsure:

You can get good economy if you drive sensibly but MR2s just love up the revs so much you'll be hard pressed to do so. Plus the extra kick and change in engine note at around 5000 (sounds like anyway - I don't watch the rev counter too much)is addictive as hell.

I got 21.83mpg from my last £10 of optimax..trouble is when you use optimax you just wanna floor it cos the engine runs so much more smoother compared to 95 and 97 petrol!

From my NA, best has been 36.64mpg, worst was 26.58mpg.

Average around 31mpg - which is Toyota's 'combined' figure for a UK NA :)

Incase anyones interested, Toyota claim the NA is capable of 35mpg @ 75mph, and 45mpg @ 55mph.

Incase anyones interested, Toyota claim the NA is capable of 35mpg @ 75mph, and 45mpg @ 55mph.

Bet thats the 3S-FE though.

I generally get around 30 mpg mixed driving.

not sure on mpg but the more im smiling the more fuel im using

for some reason...lol

Turbo or n/a?

I can get about 260 miles to a tank (mixed driving) in my n/a.

Yep...about the same here :thumbsup:

So what does 30mph work out to in litre/100km? I just been for a road trip to the Mount and sucked through a tank of gas for just over 500km. Tank equals 68litres. Thats about 13 litres per 100km.

Welcome to my world of huge fuel tanks and fuel bills that I can't be bothered with any more. GT-Four factory tank=68 litres. Not fun.

So what does 30mph work out to in litre/100km? I just been for a road trip to the Mount and sucked through a tank of gas for just over 500km. Tank equals 68litres. Thats about 13 litres per 100km.

30 mpg is about 11km/l so that would be about 9 litres per 100km. I think yours works out at 21.5 mpg. Drive quite hard??? or is all your driving in heavy traffic??

QUOTE (JohnnyC @ May 8 2004, 08:30 PM)

QUOTE (Kelvyn @ May 8 2004, 09:36 PM)

Bet thats the 3S-FE though.

Nope, those figures are taken from the UK rev3 brochure - and the only engine specified in there is the 3S-GE :)

I did experiment for a week on my way to work (30 miles each way with around 20 motorway miles) driving at an indicated 60mph (that's near enough 'real' 55mph) - didn't notice any improvement in fuel economy from when I drove at 80. And I won't be doing that experiment for a long while - it's FAR too dangerous driving that slow on the motorway!!!!! :D

Generally with the turbo, around 25mpg but on a long motorway journey, anything up to 33.

I just did 280 miles to a tank, but there was with some mad few moments of driving :hokus-pokus:

QUOTE jimlad @ May 9 2004, 05:31 AM

my tank is only 40litres.

Fuel tank size in the mk2 MR2 is 55litres. But the fuel light tends to light up when there's around 15 litres left.

are you sure ??

I generally get about 40litres in it... even when practically empty. Never managed more.

i've heard that our tank is V-shape...

so after half a tank... the fuel just drop like hell....

so that explains it... lol

one minute you think you have loads of fuel... 5 mins later the needle plummits... lol

look in the engine bay on the passenger side and u can see the tank. it is a black plastic suitcase looking jobby.

the manual and everything i have always read states that it holds 55 litres, but ive never tried to fill it from empty (too much money in 1 go for me, and i woulda thought for jimlad too - being a scotsman and all) :P

Yea I can only put in 40ltrs max as well other wise fuel just gushes str8 out. I always always get 210-220ish mixed driving. I am not a slow driver either. Its wierd but when I granny drive I still get roughly the same mpg as when I floor it about :blink: . Deffo something to do with the unichip.