Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water In Footwells

Interesting. Looking forward to your feedback. I think there are a couple of rubber flaps behind the rear bumper which allow for airflow through the car. If one/both of these is jammed open (or missing), perhaps water is getting in that way.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well good news i've found out where our cars are leaking from and its a very quick fix , after looking at it and following all the suggestions from the previous replies you are all wrong ( not the pol

Forgot about this thread until I was reminded this morning by another post on the subject. In December I was under the car changing the Oil filter and noticed the air con drain pipe that Alan identifi

No, I don't mean the drainage plugs, I mean plastic flaps which are probably around 150mm wide x 30mm and which pivot from their top edge. They pivot open to allow airflow from the cabin to outside. I

Posted Images

15 hours ago, dash said:

Interesting. Looking forward to your feedback. I think there are a couple of rubber flaps behind the rear bumper which allow for airflow through the car. If one/both of these is jammed open (or missing), perhaps water is getting in that way.

By rubber flaps i believe you mean the mentioned plugs? They were not missing, in fact we removed them which let all the water drain out thankfully! You must have missed me talking about this 🙂 So they're not the reason. I didn't even know what they're for. We removed the flaps under the footwells as well to drain the water. But literally, there must have been at least 3-4 leters of water under the back seats, wth...  

No, I don't mean the drainage plugs, I mean plastic flaps which are probably around 150mm wide x 30mm and which pivot from their top edge. They pivot open to allow airflow from the cabin to outside. If either is jammed open, or missing, they could let water into the cavity beneath the storage box. I think they are located in the panel in front of the rear bumper (but have never looked for them myself).

• Thanks 1

You were right Dave! They took of the rear bumper, and flaps were leaking! But also the rubber seal on both sides by the footwells was deteriotated a bit and they found water going through, so wasn't just one problem, was a few! :) just hoping those were the only things and its solved now! Paid £50, and quite happy, good lads in that garage. They said they vacumed out like 5 liters of water from the sound insulation mats and carpets, crazy..