Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Door Shelf Cover/protector

whipitonce

I have a Rav4 08 plate 2.2 diesel D4D.

I have badly scratched the top part of the bumper, just below the rear door getting something heavy out of my boot.

I can remember some time back that there was a part you could put over this area to protect it.

I would appreciate any feed back.

Jeff (whipitonce)

Hi Jeff,

Richard Grant Mouldings do a really good bumper protector, I put one on our 2009 and 2011 Ravs which were Tyrol silver like yours. The silver one RGM do is an almost perfect match for Tyrol, it looks very much a genuine accessory rather than an aftermarket one. They're fitted in a matter of minutes. Link below.

http://www.rearguards.co.uk/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=RBP353&sid=bxg9xz988a0ys09x51i8f24ae1yzehqm

• Like 1

Thanks Denshaw your a star :toast:

Does it come with fitting instructions and do I need special tools or is it just stick-on?

Found a photo Jeff, as I said it looks factory fit, it utilises the four plastic clips on the upper bumper trim plus a couple of self adhesive strips on the front edge, I can vouch that they're up to the job.

63aa0d36-907c-4964-8e53-52e3f01b7a4a_zps

There are several black plastic ones too. I like the clear ones but you need to start with a good bumper.

I've got a genuine Toyota black plastic protector 'in stock'......................

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the help guys.

It fitted in less than 5 minutes and looks great..

• Like 1