Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service / Toyota Or Diy ?

jase hutch

I'm currently having same dilemma! Although Toyota now do fixed price servicing and for £230 they will change the diff oil etc so may be worth it?!

• Like 1

I'm not sure the £230 includes the diff oil change;

Says;

Replace front and rear differential oils (model dependant)*

But also says;

*Additional charges apply if work is required

Perhaps someone (who works for Toyota) could elaborate?!

Dave

• Like 1

I bought my Rav in November last year from an independent dealer having supposedly just been serviced and mot'd ,but soon noticed I had only one brake light , crap wiper blades and an air filter full of dead flies! In January of this year I took it to Murley Toyota for a full service which cost just over £340 ! All was good except for a slight diesel knock only evident under light acceleration when the engine had reached operating temperature. As I liked the car so much I decided to take the plunge and booked it into Malvern Diesels as I knew of their excellent reputation ! Anyway , they diagnosed no pilot injection on two injectors , so £ 1050 later it ran as sweet. as a nut !Now I've got rid of the drive belt squeal hopefully I can begin t enjoy it , just hope Toyota reliability is going to be as good as I'm expecting !

Think there might be a modified drive belt and spacer to stop the squeeling

Alex

• Like 1

Thanks for that Alex , I will look into that if I have any more problems in the future , it's all quiet at the moment !

The diff oil is included in the big service along with the transfer box. The gearbox gets done on a 4.2 but not a 4.3. It is things like brake fluid, fuel filters and cabin filters that get charged extra.

• 3 months later...

Well I decided to go for it , took it to Listers at Stratford on Avon yesterday for the fixed price service , persuaded the young lady on the service desk that I really didn't want the wash and vac so they agreed instead to change the fuel filter so long as I paid for the filter , less 10% ! Fair result I thought seeing as I wanted to change it anyway and I would have bought a genuine filter from Mr T ! Two advisories , slight oil leak from the rocker cover gasket which I was unaware of but will have to check out and a dirty pollen filter ! Not too bad on a car which will be ten years old this year !!

So Jase.......they removed yer pollen filter, deemed it bowfin', and returned it from whence it came.......?

See me......? Spent all ma life in Sales.....ah would have the manky filter in a see through poly bag for ye to see as you arrived......

"Would sir like us to replace this.....?" Four minutes later, joab done, sale made with added value thrown in....

Bind moggles........business is tough.......even tougher for plonkers......lol.

So Jase.......they removed yer pollen filter, deemed it bowfin', and returned it from whence it came.......?

See me......? Spent all ma life in Sales.....ah would have the manky filter in a see through poly bag for ye to see as you arrived......

"Would sir like us to replace this.....?" Four minutes later, joab done, sale made with added value thrown in....

Bind moggles........business is tough.......even tougher for plonkers......lol.

Yes Kev , they checked it but left it ,probably the best scenario as I'll probably just get a non genuine replacement ! The wife was all for accusing the garage of rifling through the glove box until I pointed out the whereabouts of the pollen filter !Lol !