Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Usb In The Glovebox

mickandjanet

The USB connection on my Yaris is situated in the Glove box in such a way that it is difficult to get to, has any one connected an extension or re sited the USB to more suitable location, I am aware that connections should only be made when stationary.

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hi there. I have used an extension cable from the glovebox behind the dash to the RHS front screen pillar. This is because I have a brodit iPhone holder on the pillar. The trouble is, that the extended USB length is causing occasional music drop out at the Touch and Go Head unit. SO....PLan B is to fit a new USB cable directly out the back of the Touch and Go Head unit and take it to the RHS of the dash where it will then connect directly to the Apple Ipod lead. I know this will work as the iPhone has no drop iut problems if directly connected under the glovebox... This method will of course render the glove box socket inoperable.... but a choice I am not worried about.

Maybe not quite what you were after, but I agree that the glovebox location is a problem. The cable I am going to use could also be brought out of the dash somewhere if required. Its about 1m long. The standard USB cable is part of the main vehicle harness and is difficult to remove and re locate.. My vehicle is a 2013 Yaris T Spirit.

Brian

Hi Versod4d, thanks for you reply, I now have a 1m extention to the glove box USB which enables the connection to be made easier even though still in the glove box and this works fine, I will look at a more suitable dash mounting location at a future date.

Thanks

Michael

Michael,

I am now looking to install this cable on the RHS of the air con controls. There appears to be a blank panel that could be used to hold a USB socket. The ipod lead in my case will still just about reach behind the dash and out through the steering column trim... I will let you know how it goes. Still waiting for the cable....

Brian