Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.2 D4-D Turbo Lag Problems ?

giacomo.m

Hows the inlet manifold? Mine had problem idling and getting going but no black smoke, It was a seriously CLOGGED inlet manifold and egr valve. 248 000 miles and she's still going like new.

Hows the inlet manifold? Mine had problem idling and getting going but no black smoke, It was a seriously CLOGGED inlet manifold and egr valve. 248 000 miles and she's still going like new.

Wat's your engine 1CD or 1AD?

How did clean and how did remove the inlet manifold, is it easy?

Are there any particular ones that you or others have tried & found were OK?

BG244 as Mistermena has suggested is a very good product you can get it from eBay or Amazon, I put one in at least once a year and 2 stroke with every fill :) hope it cure's your problem. Oh and don't be disheartened if it hasn't worked straight away I think if memory serves it can take up to 100 miles to have a noticeable affect best done in a couple of short journey's.

Good morning all,

I did strip & clean the EGR valve just after I had the car serviced & the fuel & oil & filter changed - I did use a vacuum cleaner nozzle held up close against the top of the inlet manifld whilst I poked & removed the clogging carbon deposits round where it fitted to the EGR so that no bits got into the engine, but i didn't totally rmove the manifold to clean it.

I'll see about getting an additive, but it struck me that I may have completely missed one vital item - Giacomo said earlier that he had found a split in a hose in the turbo "circuit" - I had a similar thing with an Xtype Jaguar - a split hose took LOADS off the performance.

I have checked the ends that I can see, but it looks like most of the big bore pipe goes from round the back of the engine underneath it, out of the front & up the front to the EGR valve - so a lot of it is not visible, and, I suspect, the only way to acess it is to have the car up on a ramp, take the bottom cover off the enginen& then you would be able to see it.

Hmm - tricky.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links