Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2007 Auris Diesel Auto Gearbox Hesitates?

ericgreenfingers68

My 2007 Auris T3 1.4 D-4D auto gearbox sometimes "hesitates" in to changing gear when I lower my speed, especially on an incline. It's almost as if the car is unsure whether to stay in it's current gear or drop down one! I've been told that as it's an electronic gearbox that this sometimes happens but is alarming when it does & could potentially be dangerous.

Can anyone tell me if this is this a known "fault", should I get Toyota to look at it or is it something I have to live with being an electronic gearbox?

Regards,

Eric

How many miles are on the clock! A simple gearbox oil and filter change can make all the difference. There maybe a software update that can be done at Mr T? 👍😊

It has just over 46,000 on the clock. I spoke to my mechanic when it went in for it's service earlier today. He believes that it's unlikely to need new gearbox oil but he did mention the possibility of it needing a software update. How can this be done?

Would need to go to a Toyota garage and request an update to the MMT software. Can be tricky as half the time you can ask for that and they won't understand :lol:

I would be deff changing the box oil at that mileage... Yer! It's back to Mr T for a software update I'm afraid. 😏

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links