Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Gear Knob

GreyRacer

I decided to change out the gear knob on the new RAV as the original just does not match the dash. Most of the controls are all black and the knob centre is brushed silver. It is really a cost saving item by Mr. T as it was OEM on the T180 Auris six years ago.

null_zps6ea850ed.jpg

I bought myself one of Toyota's new designs which IHMO matches better with the new dash.

null_zps8d97f6a6.jpg

Nice looking 'accessory' you have David.........sit tight and wait for the innuendoes.... :o

Edit....you see, Davrav beat me to it by a split second

• Like 1

Cor, worra knob, so shiny it looks like you've been polishing it all evening....

My knob is shiny with red bits.... But looking at your your knob is bigger than mine. Would either of those knobs fit my old T180 ?

My knob is shiny with red bits.... But looking at your your knob is bigger than mine. Would either of those knobs fit my old T180 ?

Size isn't important Charlie ( as I keep telling the wife) , not sure about the red bits ? have you had it 'looked at '? :eek:

• Like 1

Size isn't important Charlie ( as I keep telling the wife) , not sure about the red bits ? have you had it 'looked at '? :eek:

I know a REALLY good joke about knobs with red bits but the TOC vulgarity filter would blow several fuses. so I'll just close with knice nob, David!

Is engaging reverse gear the same on the T180? If so they will fit.

Few people on here looked at my red bits and seemed to approve ........................

The position is the same.. I have to pull a ring thing up when shifting into gear..

Do you have a link to where you purchased shiny knob from ?

Aw ffs mins........he has to pull a ring up to get his knob to work.........the bind moggles.....not Rav specific......I perceive "movement".

• Like 3

I was awaiting the sage from the north ..............................................

The position is the same.. I have to pull a ring thing up when shifting into gear..Do you have a link to where you purchased shiny knob from ?

No link I'm afraid. I bought it from a member of Celica Club

I wish my old knob looked as good as yours , mines flaking around the end where I keep touching it , is this normal ?

I wish my old knob looked as good as yours , mines flaking around the end where I keep touching it , is this normal ?

Did yer Mammy and daddy not discourage you from touching knobs.................................
  • Like 1

My knob could do with touching up a bit!

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement gear knob for my rav 4.2 other than going through an official Toyota dealer ? Those that I've seen on eBay don't seem to have the gear markings on which I would need as my wife driver the car !!!

Here was me wunnerin' what that dug does with that big red tongue, Nige min......

Here was me wunnerin' what that dug does with that big red tongue, Nige min......

You know me too well! Did I tell you we now have 2 dogs. Make of that what you will.

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement gear knob for my rav 4.2 other than going through an official Toyota dealer ? Those that I've seen on eBay don't seem to have the gear markings on which I would need as my wife driver the car !!!

Is it this one ? I may have one in the garage somewhere, I will have a look tomorrow, if so I will put it in the post.

ebbe23d8-72ad-4785-9422-d638d149fdf2_zps

No that's posher than mine which is leather and aluminium (silver paint ) ! I don't know if they are inter changeable ? Thanks though !

Some may think this is OT in a post about fitting a replacement knob, but it is very important to be in the right gear when driving a RAV, so I recommend a pair of 'Action Pants' (and has a special feature for the hungry driver).

Just look at the admiring look the little woman is giving the Man of the House ;)

post-29315-0-46019600-1382387306_thumb.j

• Like 1

Not at all, Paul......he's merely abroad on holiday......incontinent. Aw ffs......ah know......if ah was a moredator, I would move this to "General Disgustions" section.