Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ot - Fireworks Stolen In Edinburgh

webleymk3

Hey all.

My brother's fireworks company in Edinburgh called '21cc Fireworks' was raided last night. Trying to get the word out there as this is huge so please spread the word...

Here's what STV News have said about it:

Fireworks worth £65,000 have been stolen from near an industrial estate in Linlithgow, police said.

Around 4800 professional-quality fireworks were taken from 21cc Fireworks at Saw Mill near Hopetoun Estate sometime between Saturday and Monday.

Police said the fireworks could cause serious injury or even death if misused and warned members of the public only to buy from reputable dealers.

Detective Sergeant Paul Carroll, from Police Scotland, said: "The theft of such a large quantity of fireworks is concerning, not least because of their explosive content, and the potential for serious injury if mishandled.

"The stolen fireworks are potentially lethal if used by members of the public, and we are warning people to be on the guard and only buy fireworks from reputable dealers. The fireworks stolen are Category 4 under the Fireworks Act 2003, which restricts their sale to fireworks professionals."

DS Carroll continued: "Those responsible for the theft would have had to use a heavy goods vehicle to transport the fireworks, which were contained in five steel containers.

"We are appealing to anyone who noticed any suspicious activity in the area on Saturday, in particular involving the movement of heavy goods vehicles, to contact police.

"Similarly, anyone who has heard of the movement of this large quantity of stolen fireworks, or who has been offered fireworks for sale which they think may have been stolen, should also get in touch."

Anyone with information is asked to contact Police Scotland on 101, or make an anonymous report through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Fawkes' sake, Webz.....hope they find them, and nobody is stupid enough to buy any of what is obviously a lethal product. Some Guy will be stupid enough.....questions should be asked in Parliament too.

• Like 1

Does the new Scottish Parliament building have a basement? :blowup:

• Like 1

Roast Salmond and Poached Sturgeon.......brill......

• Like 2

Roast Salmond and Poached Sturgeon.......brill......

I don't normally look forward to Guy Fawkes night, but that thought has rekindled my desire :D

BUT STILL, WITH THE SAME INTENTIONS OF WEBZ, IF YOU ARE OFFERED EXTREMELY LARGE FIREWORKS, TELL RA POLIS......PLEASE.......IT IS USUALLY SOME CHILD THAT SUFFERS FOR THIS PISHY "FESTIVAL".

Thanks guys.

All joking aside we're talking about a serious quantity of fireworks. It's not just a couple of boxes, It's about 4 tonnes of professional fireworks including some at 1.1G. You don't get a higher grade explosive.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Did you try Oban Council? They had to save face after their fireworks display went aff in 90 seconds last year ?

Maybe thats how BK will be getting to Gatwick tommora.......on the back of a 1.1G rocket :lol:

Favourite pop group? Sparks?..............I'll get me coat..............

Not up to your usual sparkler, you deserve a rocket for posting that.

Maybe Shell out on some better puns...

Not up to your usual sparkler, you deserve a rocket for posting that.

Maybe shell out on some better puns...

Your here! Lets do catherine wheels to celebrate, mind you, I'm not holding out a roman candle for you, I would rather banger