Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gearbox/clutch Oil Change

rufnek2kx

Hi guys,

My Auris has now done 96k on the clock. I bought it at 86k and give it a standard service (engine oil/filter, air & fuel filters) but didn't bother with the clutch/gearbox. I'm planning on changing the gearbox oil. Having never done either of these before, I was wondering if anyone could give me any pointers regarding these oils and how to go about changing them? I've had a look at the following on youtube for the gearbox and I think I can do it but I'm not sure if its the same procedure for the Auris as it is for the Yaris.

Secondly, is there any specific grade of oil that needs to go into the gearbox and the clutch reservoir? and is the clutch reservoir the same as the brake reservoir?

Thanks,

Go onto the Opie oil site and it will tell you what oils are out thee for your car. I changed my gearbox oil using Fuchs/Silkolene Pro SRG ester oil! Very nice hear change now.😊😎👍👏🚙💨

• Like 1

Thanks for that. The website looks really good. In terms of the procedure, is it the same as the one in the video above?

I couldn't get the vid to load on my iPhone! So not sure. There must be a guide on here somewhere on this! Maybe Anch's has done one. 👏😎😀🙏

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links