Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Growling Noise At 1600 Revs

thaiad24

Hope someone can help, im hoping its nothing major

ive done 130,000 miles

about 1 month ago i noticed that when i took my foot off the accelerator, the engine made a growling/drone-ing noise. I thought nothing of it

Its happening more often now, maybe 20-30% of the time

it happens even when its out of gear and i rev to 1600-1800 rpm and as soon as i take my foot off it makes the noise, once it drops below 1600 rpm the noise goes away

the noise sounds like its coming from directly in front of the passenger side under the bonnet

hope you can help

cheers

Adam

I think it might be coming from the turbo as tho its blowing

anyone else had this? is it a big problem? the car still works as good as normal

As you've had no replies I'll throw in a suggestion to check the air intake/filter assemby. I'm pretty sure it rattles on some Avensis, not sure if your aprticular model is one of them tho.

Try removing your air fliter. You will find that the air feed into the filter box is not a tight fit. Use a couple of pieces of duct tape to hold the intake rigid. Refit filter. Silence is golden. Seems to happen when the colder weather arrives. Good luck.