Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2003 D4D Won't Accelerate And Engine Management Light On

rallying1

My Rav gave up today, went into limp mode and wouldn't accelerate at all.

RAC man couldn't find fault, if you try and accelerate the engine management light comes on, however it will very slowly rev to about 3000rpm but absolutely no power at all, and will tick over and start no problems at all, any ideas?

Have fault code read by Toyota.( Toyota club AA help useless---my personal experience --I own a d4d 2002 model)

Could be SCV valves on fuel pump. Check with the expert.

Ramdeom

If the EML comes on there should be a fault code. It sounds very SCV-ish to me too.

I had both valves done who I bought her 12 months ago, I think there was a red and green or blue can't remember now but both done.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone help please?

We are running out of ideas now, the fault code showing relates to a part only found on a petrol model????

Blanked egr no change, changed fuel filter no change, checked turbo,no fault, latest guess was throttle pedal sensor, but that's just a guess, or throttle body but dont want to go there on a guess seeing as Toyota want £340+Vat for the pedal sensor thieving !Removed!, dread to think what a throttle would be.

Once again symptoms are, starts first turn of key and sits at idle no problems at all, push down on throttle pedal and the engine management light comes on but won't accelerate, it will slowly pick up to about 2500rpm bit if you dump the clutch it just looses power immediately, no torque at all.

EGR is your enemy with carbon deposits inside.

have it cleanned and try to drive

cheers/Igor

"the fault code showing relates to a part only found on a petrol model????"

Care to share it with us?